• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, August 20, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Land Recovery: Suspects charged for forcible entry into Ogwashi-Uku land around Azagba-Ogwashi

by NewsNet Nigeria
3 years ago
in Crime
Contestants for President General of Evwreni Kingdom lobby Jabin Omoko-led Ilotu
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

The suspects arrested in the past few days for forcible entry and criminal trespass on the land around the Delta State Polytechnic in Ogwashi-Uku have been charged in the Magistrate Court of Ogwashi-Uku.

In the charge documents sighted by our correspondent, the suspects Daniel Abiodu, Nwabaha Victor and others at large were charged in charge no MO/8c/2024 before Magistrate C.E Osuma.

Our correspondent understands that the suspects were granted bail for five hundred thousand Naira with a credible surety.

Recall that the Obi of Ogwashi-Uku Kingdom moved to remove the illegal trespassers in land opposite the Polytechnic in Ogwashi-Uku recovered by court judgement given by Hon Justice Diai, the current Chief Judge of Delta State.

The Delta State High Court granted full possession of the five hundred hectares of land around the Delta State Polytechnic after a trial and court judgment via court certificate and writ of possession dated 17th September 2015.

ALSO READ  Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

As such, the land has been in the full custody of the Obi of Ogwashi-Uku Kingdom since this date.

According to sources close to the Palace of the Obi of Ogwashi-Uku, the Obi in Council became alarmed when dozens of illegal structures started appearing on the land.

At the same time, a group of people in the farming settlement of Azagba Ogwashi-Uku apparently started driving exotic cars and were seen spraying bundles of Naira notes last Christmas from proceeds of land sales in the same area recovered by the Obi of Ogwashi-Uku via court judgement.

When contacted, the Palace Secretary, Prince Ifeakanachukwu Emordi confirmed that recovery effort had taken place  with the assistance of the Nigerian Police which included the removal of trespassers and illegal structures.

ALSO READ  Ogwashi-Uku Youth Stakeholders Condemn Dissident Group, Warn Against Actions That Could Threaten Peace

He claimed that the land was being allocated by the Obi of Ogwashi-Uku, Obi (Dr) Ifechukwude Aninshi Okonjo II to indigenes of the kingdom for their personal use.

He said that over 1000 applications had been received and processed at the Palace.

When asked about the illegal sales of land by a few people from the Azagba farming settlement, he said: “We have had over 120 deeds of conveyance for land illegally sold with huge sums of money collected by a few people primarily from our farming settlement of Azagba. The buyers some of whom purchased up to 50 plots are primarily from across the River Niger.

“We have tried to explain to them about the illegalities of the sale by the people who sold the land to them. In extreme cases, the Obi of  Ogwashi-Uku is reviewing their situation. We hereby use this to notify the public to stop buying land from this group of people as it may amount to a nullity and complete waste of funds. We urge buyers who have been defrauded by these people to contact the police or the EFCC to lodge a complaint.”

ALSO READ  Ogwashi-Uku Wins Again: High Court Rejects Ibusa's Execution Bid in Land Dispute

Three other suspects who were arrested on the 16th of January 2024 trying to attack workers in the site with dangerous weapons have been arraigned today at the High court in Asaba.

The three suspects have been remanded in custody at the Federal Correctional Centre in Ogwashi-Uku pending the hearing of their bail applications.

 

 

 

 

 

Previous Post

2024 Delta Council Polls: Lucky Ofomukoro to the rescue for Ughelli North

Next Post

S’Court affirms Oborevwori as duly elected governor

MORE NEWS

Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe
Crime

Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe

August 19, 2026
Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration
Crime

Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration

August 13, 2026
Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll
Crime

Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll

August 7, 2026
Why We Froze Osun’s Accounts Ahead of Governorship Poll, EFCC Opens Up
Crime

Why We Froze Osun’s Accounts Ahead of Governorship Poll, EFCC Opens Up

August 7, 2026
Next Post
Appeal Court upholds Oborevwori’s governorship victory

S'Court affirms Oborevwori as duly elected governor

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

August 20, 2026
‘If You Love Me, Support Tinubu’: Oborevwori Urges Christian Leaders Ahead of 2027

‘If You Love Me, Support Tinubu’: Oborevwori Urges Christian Leaders Ahead of 2027

August 20, 2026
UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

August 19, 2026
Davido vs Wande Coal: How Five-Year-Old Song Reignites Afrobeats Feud

Davido vs Wande Coal: How Five-Year-Old Song Reignites Afrobeats Feud

August 19, 2026
16 Recoveries, One Big Statement: Osayi-Samuel Pushes for Super Eagles Recall

16 Recoveries, One Big Statement: Osayi-Samuel Pushes for Super Eagles Recall

August 19, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Adeleke Beats Oyebamiji by 66,252 Votes to Win Second Term as Osun Governor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • At 104, Pa Penawou Takes Final Bow as Jonathan, Oborevwori, Diri, Ibori Pay Tribute

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Osun Poll: Two Candidates Quit Race, Endorse Adeleke

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.