• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, August 20, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Delta women protest alleged reign of terror, kingship tussle in Idumuje-Ugboko

by NewsNet Nigeria
6 years ago
in News
Delta women protest alleged reign of terror, kingship tussle in Idumuje-Ugboko
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

A group of women from Idumuje -Ugboko community in Aniocha North local government Area of Delta state today(Wednesday) held a protest at the capital city of Asaba accusing the crown Prince of the community, Justin Chukwunonso Nwoko of alleged acts of terrorism, murder, harassment and intimidation.

The women, who matched to Government House, Asaba alleged that Prince Chukwunonso Nwoko who is yet to receive staff of office as King from the Delta State Government has continually destabilized the community, through mayhem, divide and rule, since the past few years.

They carried placards bearing different inscriptions “ We need Peace in Idumudje-Ugboko”, “No Staff of Office for Nonso”, “We need justice and Development”, “ Enough of Terrorism”, “ No to intimidation”, “Yes to peace”, “We need development not attacks”, “We say No to killings”,” Prosecute the murderers”.

The group said there was heightened tension in Idumuje-Ugboko, alleging that Prince Nonso Nwoko does not need peace and development of the community.

They appealed to the Governor not to recognise him as King, accusing him of alleged tyranny and highhandedness.

The women accompanied by some youths of Idumuje – Ugboko, submitted a protest letter to government house, on behalf of the female folk in the community, signed by Mrs Faith Nwoko, Mrs Ifeoma Nwoko, wives of the Late Obi Albert Nwoko and a PDP woman leader Gladys Kogwuonye.

The signatories also stated that there had been unprovoked attacks by Prince Chukwunonso against a prominent son of the community, Prince Ned Nwoko over a large expanse of land acquired for the development of a university in the community by the former House of Representatives member.

“As women and adult mothers living in the community, we are witnesses to the fact that every land obtained by Prince Ned Nwoko for the STARS University and international Golf course project were legally acquired, during the reign of HRM Obi Albert Nwoko III; JP; MON, before he passed on in 2017.

“The late Obi and the traditional council gave the land in peace and joy with a memorandum of understanding MOU of 60- 40 shares on the university between Linas international and the community. But his son, Prince Chukwunonso Nwoko decided to reverse the existing legal deeds, unjustly sponsoring crisis within the community” The women said in the protest letter.

Meanwhile, another group of women had clashed with the protesters, demanding that the Government should stop police from harassing the crown prince, Nonso Nwoko.

The Commissioner for Women Affairs Mrs Flora Alaitan received the two protesting groups on behalf of the Governor, assuring that the state government would bring peace and justice to the community.

Speaking earlier, Prince Nonso’s nephew, Prince Chukwuma Nwoko said, “the drama of Prince Nonso Nwoko started sometime in 2017 when the former Obi Albert Nwoko 111, joined his ancestors. The next thing, he started contesting the land given to our own brother, Prince Ned Nwoko to develop a University project. Because we needed that academic development in Idumuje-Ugboko, we refused to join him in such retrogressive campaign and he started sending thugs to destroy houses belonging to anybody in support of the University project, including mine.

“As if that was not enough, in one of the peace meetings called to settle all parties, Prince Nonso’s thugs started shooting at random and in the process an innocent Motorcycle rider, one Cyprian Kamaoro was shot dead. I saw the dead body myself, which was later taken away and buried secretly at night. The community is under siege by cultists and thugs loyal to Prince Nonso Nwoko, that is why we want to draw the attention of Government to what is happening,” Chukwuma said.

Also speaking, an indigene of the community, Gladys Koguonye claimed that some of them could no longer sleep in their houses for fear of Prince Nonso’s thugs.

She insisted that the Crown Prince should be prosecuted for the properties destroyed, acts of alleged violence and murder.

Previous Post

#ENDSARS protesters fight over Gov Okowa’s largesse in Delta

Next Post

#ENDSARS protest: Armed thugs attack protesters in Abuja; many injured, cars vandalized

MORE NEWS

Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat
Judiciary

Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

August 20, 2026
Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota
Local News

Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

August 20, 2026
Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee
Local News

Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

August 18, 2026
Muslims or Christians? Enenche Wants Census to End Nigeria’s Numbers Game
National News

Muslims or Christians? Enenche Wants Census to End Nigeria’s Numbers Game

August 17, 2026
Next Post
#ENDSARS protest: Armed thugs attack protesters in Abuja; many injured, cars vandalized

#ENDSARS protest: Armed thugs attack protesters in Abuja; many injured, cars vandalized

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

August 20, 2026
‘If You Love Me, Support Tinubu’: Oborevwori Urges Christian Leaders Ahead of 2027

‘If You Love Me, Support Tinubu’: Oborevwori Urges Christian Leaders Ahead of 2027

August 20, 2026
UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

August 19, 2026
Davido vs Wande Coal: How Five-Year-Old Song Reignites Afrobeats Feud

Davido vs Wande Coal: How Five-Year-Old Song Reignites Afrobeats Feud

August 19, 2026
16 Recoveries, One Big Statement: Osayi-Samuel Pushes for Super Eagles Recall

16 Recoveries, One Big Statement: Osayi-Samuel Pushes for Super Eagles Recall

August 19, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Adeleke Beats Oyebamiji by 66,252 Votes to Win Second Term as Osun Governor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • At 104, Pa Penawou Takes Final Bow as Jonathan, Oborevwori, Diri, Ibori Pay Tribute

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.