• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, May 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Health

Health workers in Ondo embark on strike as govt fails to meet demands

by NewsNet Nigeria
5 years ago
in Health
Health workers in Ondo embark on strike as govt fails to meet demands
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

Health workers on the aegis of the Nigerian Union of Allied Health Professionals (NUAHP), Ondo State chapter, have withdrawn their services from all state-owned health care facilities, hospitals and health centres indefinitely.

Recall that Medical doctors have been on strike over the payment of percentage salaries, while nurses had also embarked on a three-day warning strike.

The union, which comprises Medical Laboratory Scientists, Optometrists, Physiotherapists, Pharmacists, Health Information Managers/Officers, Dieticians, Radiographers, etc had earlier intimated the government on the hardship being faced by its members.

This is predicated on the inability of the Ondo State government to pay salaries regularly and the eventual payment of 50% as part payment of November salary.

Report says the strike has crippled operations of many government health facilities.

The union, via a letter dated 11th of February, 2020, gave the government a 15-day ultimatum to settle.

“The balance of 50% of November salary. Arrears of backlogs of salaries (December 2020 and January 2020), not forgetting the previous year’s outstanding salaries.

“Payment of outstanding two (2) months Covid-19 special allowances as agreed in May 2020.

The Chairman of the Union, Prince Adedire Adeyinka explained that health workers were faced on daily basis with exposures to LASSA FEVER, COVID-19, etc. He added that without prompt payment of salaries, it has become so difficult for their members to fortify their immune system against the ravaging pandemic and other epidemic diseases.

Adedire vowed that members of the union would no longer accept percentage salaries being paid by the Ondo state government.

“It has got to the extent that health workers could no longer transport themselves to their different postings where their services are rendered.

He explained that unlike other government workers who were told to work from home over a period of time, members of his union were always on their duty post 24hrs on daily basis with call duties inclusive.

The Chairman commended the government for the giant strides in the health sector, particularly, its efforts at reducing mother and child mortality, free health care services and the floating of the recent molecular laboratory in the state.

Prince Adedire expressed optimism that the present government will eventually record more outstanding achievements in the health sector than the former governments in the state of it continues with its will and dedication.

He noted the unwillingness of the government to consider the plight of health workers who are the architects of these successes in the health sector.

Prince Adedire lamented the nonchalant attitude of the government which neither called nor invited the union to any meeting despite the first 15-day ultimatum and another 3- day notice of withdrawal of services as regrettable.

He concluded that the union had directed all it’s members to immediately withdraw their services effective Monday, 8th of March, 2020 after giving almost a month notice to the government.

(THE PRECISION)

Previous Post

DTHA: Owhefere’s seat to be filled April 10 as INEC fixes bye-election

Next Post

Reps move to halt FG’s spending of £4.2m Ibori loot

MORE NEWS

“We’re Not Safe”: DELSUTH Doctors Declare Indefinite Strike After Colleague’s Assault
Health

“We’re Not Safe”: DELSUTH Doctors Declare Indefinite Strike After Colleague’s Assault

May 5, 2026
Delta DRF Supplies Drugs to 337 PHCs, Seeks More Vehicles for Rural Deliveries
Health

Delta DRF Supplies Drugs to 337 PHCs, Seeks More Vehicles for Rural Deliveries

April 28, 2026
“Every Child Deserves a Chance” — Dafinone Applauds Zamarr Institute’s Autism Care Drive
Health

“Every Child Deserves a Chance” — Dafinone Applauds Zamarr Institute’s Autism Care Drive

April 22, 2026
Oborevwori’s ₦200k Lifeline: Delta Doctors Get Tax-Free Boost to Stop ‘Japa’ Exodus
Health

Oborevwori’s ₦200k Lifeline: Delta Doctors Get Tax-Free Boost to Stop ‘Japa’ Exodus

April 7, 2026
Next Post
Reps move to halt FG’s spending of £4.2m Ibori loot

Reps move to halt FG's spending of £4.2m Ibori loot

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

After APC Primary, Robert-Fuoye Returns to Burutu with Message of Gratitude, Unity, Service

After APC Primary, Robert-Fuoye Returns to Burutu with Message of Gratitude, Unity, Service

May 23, 2026
Oborevwori Hails Transparent APC Guber Primary, Urges Unity After Landslide Endorsement

Oborevwori Hails Transparent APC Guber Primary, Urges Unity After Landslide Endorsement

May 22, 2026
Re: Norbert Sochukwudinma’s False Claims on Arise TV Regarding Delta North APC Primaries

Re: Norbert Sochukwudinma’s False Claims on Arise TV Regarding Delta North APC Primaries

May 21, 2026
‘No Winner, No Loser’ — Uroye Thanks APC Faithful, Calls for Greater Unity After Warri South I Primary

‘No Winner, No Loser’ — Uroye Thanks APC Faithful, Calls for Greater Unity After Warri South I Primary

May 21, 2026
“Step Aside with Honour”: Delta Central Stakeholders Warn Omo-Agege Against 2027 Senate Return

A Fiasco of Contradictions: How Can Omo-Agege Claim Victory and Still File an Appeal?

May 21, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • APC Primary Earthquake: Dafinone Crushes Omo-Agege Across Delta Central

    APC Primary Earthquake: Dafinone Crushes Omo-Agege Across Delta Central

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • What Police Found Inside a Delta Forest Hideout After Deadly Shootout

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • “I Faced Immense Pressure” — Fubara’s Dramatic Exit Rocks Rivers APC Governorship Race

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Appeal Court Clears Way For Enforcement Of Supreme Court-Ordered Delineation In Warri Federal Constituency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ibori’s Oghara Meeting and the Quiet Realignment Shaping Delta Politics Ahead of 2027

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.