• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 22, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Legislative Matters

Delta PASAN begins strike as Oborevwori marks 1st anniversary, Speaker Guwor wades in

by NewsNet Nigeria
2 years ago
in Legislative Matters, News
Delta PASAN begins strike as Oborevwori marks 1st anniversary, Speaker Guwor wades in
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

Speaker, Delta State House of Assembly has said that the strike action embarked upon by members of the State branch of Parliamentary Staff Association of Nigeria, PASAN, was unfortunate.

The Speaker stated that it was more worrisome that the workers chose to commence the industrial action on the break of the first year in office of the State Governor, Rt Hon Sheriff Oborevwori, when Deltans were celebrating God’s grace upon the state and the milestones achieved by the Governor within just a year.

Rt Hon Governor who stated this in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Nkem Nwaeke, expressed reservations that a section of the Media capitalized on the unfortunate situation to misinform the public.

He said the issue at stake had nothing to do with owing salaries as the state government is up to date with payments of salaries of its employees across the various arms of government.

ALSO READ  Assembly’s 3rd Anniversary: Oborevwori Says Partnership with Lawmakers Fuels Delta’s Growth

The Speaker disclosed that the main issue of agitation is the implementation of the Consolidated Legislative Salary Scheme, CONLESS, in Delta State, which centred on enhanced salary structure for the workers.

Guwor noted that the matter is a national issue and that engagement has gotten to an advanced stage for its implementation in Delta State.

“A high power Committee was set up by His Excellency, Rt Hon Sheriff F.O. Oborevwori to work out modalities for the implementation of CONLESS in the State.

“The Committee which has the Secretary to the State Government, SSG as Chairman, has the State Head of Service, Accountant General of the State, the Private Secretary to the Governor, PSG, the Acting Clerk of the House, the Chairman of the State Chapter of PASAN, the State Chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, amongst others as members.

ALSO READ  Delta Assembly Speaker's CPS, Wife Win Outstanding Parents Award as Son Graduates from Immaculate Conception College, Benin

“The Committee has been working assiduously to ensure that its recommendations meet the standard and expectations of all stakeholders,” Guwor said.

The Speaker acknowledged the right of the workers to agitate for an enhanced salary package but advised that they should continue to explore civil means of achieving their aims.

He said his meeting with the leadership of PASAN earlier in the day was eventful and that he had appealed to them to call off the strike and allow the Committee set up by government on the issue to conclude on its assignment.

ALSO READ  Dafinone, Waive Get Kudos as Ughelli South II Reclaims Assembly Seat

The Speaker thanked Deltans and other stakeholders who had expressed concern over the development and assured that the issue would be resolved as soon as possible.

“I met with PASAN Leadership this morning and our discussion on the matter was very productive and promising.

“I have appealed to them to prevail on members of PASAN to call off the strike and allow the Committee set up on the issue to conclude its assignment.

“All that is needed is patience and support for the Committee to come up with implementable recommendations,” the Speaker added.

Previous Post

Ogulagha Kingdom Traditional Council of Chiefs felicitates Gov Oborevwori on his 1st anniversary 

Next Post

PDP Ward in Delta suspends Orugbo, acting chairman

MORE NEWS

Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat
Judiciary

Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

August 20, 2026
Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota
Local News

Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

August 20, 2026
Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee
Local News

Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

August 18, 2026
Muslims or Christians? Enenche Wants Census to End Nigeria’s Numbers Game
National News

Muslims or Christians? Enenche Wants Census to End Nigeria’s Numbers Game

August 17, 2026
Next Post
‘Stop living in a fool’s paradise’, Delta PDP again slams Zik Gbemre for assault on Oborevwori

PDP Ward in Delta suspends Orugbo, acting chairman

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

Bitcoin, Gold Climb as US Bond Move Rekindles Dollar Weakness Fears

Bitcoin, Gold Climb as US Bond Move Rekindles Dollar Weakness Fears

August 22, 2026
Davido vs Okpebholo: Edo Disowns ‘Ban’ After Governor’s Aide Warns Singer

Davido vs Okpebholo: Edo Disowns ‘Ban’ After Governor’s Aide Warns Singer

August 22, 2026
Tinubu Fires 2027 Warning, Vows to Fight Until the Very End

ICPC Finds Another ‘Fake Agency’ in OSGF, Tinubu Orders Arrest

August 22, 2026
Olu Atuwatse III at Five: Oborevwori Hails ‘Renewed Glory’, Urges Warri to Guard Its Peace

Olu Atuwatse III at Five: Oborevwori Hails ‘Renewed Glory’, Urges Warri to Guard Its Peace

August 21, 2026
“Good Morning, Tony”: Elumelu’s Correction Sparks Debate Over Nigerian Respect Culture

“Good Morning, Tony”: Elumelu’s Correction Sparks Debate Over Nigerian Respect Culture

August 21, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • 12 Duplexes, 12 Vehicles: Oborevwori Gives Delta Permanent Secretaries Welfare Boost

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • “Good Morning, Tony”: Elumelu’s Correction Sparks Debate Over Nigerian Respect Culture

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.