• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

S’Court Dismisses Second Attempt At Appeal By Dieyi Family In Ogwashi-Uku Royal Dispute

by NewsNet Nigeria
1 year ago
in Crime, Judiciary, News
Ogwashi-Uku palace invasion trial begins at Federal High Court in Asaba
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

The Supreme Court of Nigeria has reaffirmed the legal victory of the Umu Obi Obahai Royal Family of Ogwashi-Uku by dismissing yet another appeal filed by the Umu Dieyi Family, bringing a decisive end to the long-standing dispute over the throne of Ogwashi-Uku Kingdom.

In a ruling delivered on Tuesday, June 24, 2025, in Suit No. SC/CV/1036/2022, the apex court dismissed the application brought by Chief Francis Njokanma, Felix Izediunor, Wilson Izediunor & Others, representing the Umu Dieyi Family, against Prince Thomas Mowete & Others, who stood for the Umu Obi Obahai Royal Family.

ALSO READ  Ogwashi-Uku Wins Again: High Court Rejects Ibusa's Execution Bid in Land Dispute

This latest attempt was a second attempt to appeal to the Supreme Court on the same issue.

The court had already ruled in 2022 in favour of the Umu Obi Obahai Royal Family, dismissing the earlier appeal by the Dieyi group.

However, despite the clarity and finality of that judgment, the Umu Dieyi Family filed another appeal in August 2022, which has now also been dismissed in its entirety.

Legal experts say the repeated filings were a clear attempt to create confusion within the Ogwashi-Uku community and falsely suggest that the matter was still unresolved.

ALSO READ  NCAA Grounds Private Jet, Suspends Operator After Unauthorised Road Landing in Delta

Speaking after the judgment, Prince Onyema Okonjo, on behalf of the Umu Obi Obahai Royal Family, expressed deep appreciation to the Supreme Court for upholding justice and bringing final closure to the case.

“This judgment confirms what the law has long made clear. There is no further appeal pending. We call on the Umu Dieyi family to accept the decision of the courts and desist from actions that threaten the peace and unity of Ogwashi-Uku Kingdom.

“We will no longer tolerate any attempts by Umu Dieyi or their sponsor at division, criminality or disobedience of court judgements. Additionally, trespassers around the Royal Palace should vacate forthwith,” he said.

ALSO READ  Ogwashi-Uku Youth Stakeholders Condemn Dissident Group, Warn Against Actions That Could Threaten Peace

The family also extended special commendation to their lead counsel, Chief Arthur Obi Okafor, SAN, for his legal expertise and unwavering commitment throughout the litigation.

This ruling is expected to further strengthen traditional structures and promote stability in Ogwashi-Uku Kingdom, where chieftaincy disputes have historically been a source of tension.

With this Supreme Court decision, legal observers affirm that the matter is conclusively settled, and any further attempts to re-litigate it may amount to abuse of court process.

Previous Post

‘Tehran will shake’, says Israeli Finance Minister as Iran reportedly breaks ceasefire

Next Post

Delta: Native Doctor Arrested for Concealing Firearms in Ceiling

MORE NEWS

Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee
Local News

Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

August 18, 2026
Muslims or Christians? Enenche Wants Census to End Nigeria’s Numbers Game
National News

Muslims or Christians? Enenche Wants Census to End Nigeria’s Numbers Game

August 17, 2026
Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration
Crime

Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration

August 13, 2026
Opete Indigenes Reject Crisis Claims, Pass Vote of No Confidence in Okpako Orere
Local News

Opete Indigenes Reject Crisis Claims, Pass Vote of No Confidence in Okpako Orere

August 11, 2026
Next Post
Delta: Native Doctor Arrested for Concealing Firearms in Ceiling

Delta: Native Doctor Arrested for Concealing Firearms in Ceiling

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

NAPPS South-South Disowns ‘Interim EXCO’, Backs Young Nwanne as Delta Chairman

NAPPS South-South Disowns ‘Interim EXCO’, Backs Young Nwanne as Delta Chairman

August 18, 2026
Nani Becomes Ethiope West Youth Movement Patron as Group Rallies for APC Victory in 2027

Nani Becomes Ethiope West Youth Movement Patron as Group Rallies for APC Victory in 2027

August 18, 2026
Dafinone, Waive Get Kudos as Ughelli South II Reclaims Assembly Seat

Dafinone, Waive Get Kudos as Ughelli South II Reclaims Assembly Seat

August 17, 2026
ACOMIN Urges Delta Govt to Expand DOTS Centres, Integrate HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria Programmes

ACOMIN Urges Delta Govt to Expand DOTS Centres, Integrate HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria Programmes

August 17, 2026
From Three Final Defeats to Glory: Cameroon Lift First WAFCON Crown

From Three Final Defeats to Glory: Cameroon Lift First WAFCON Crown

August 17, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Oghara Doctor’s Assault: DELSUTH Resident Doctors Give Three-Day Ultimatum, Threaten Indefinite Strike

    Oghara Doctor’s Assault: DELSUTH Resident Doctors Give Three-Day Ultimatum, Threaten Indefinite Strike

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opete Indigenes Reject Crisis Claims, Pass Vote of No Confidence in Okpako Orere

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Adeleke Beats Oyebamiji by 66,252 Votes to Win Second Term as Osun Governor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • At 104, Pa Penawou Takes Final Bow as Jonathan, Oborevwori, Diri, Ibori Pay Tribute

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • ₦5m Surgery Lifeline, 21 Wheelchairs Highlight Tobore Oborevwori’s Burutu Medical Outreach

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.