Tom Ikimi will Thursday preside over the screening of the nominated Vice Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Governor Nyesom Wike was yesterday Tuesday widely reported to have scaled the hurdle to become VP to Atiku Abubakar, who is the party’s presidential flag bearer for the 2023 general elections.
PDP National Publicity Secretary, Hon. Debo Ologunagba in a statement said, “Pursuant to Part VI, Paragraph 14 of the the Electoral Guidelines of our great Party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the National Working Committee (NWC) has approved the nomination of the following Party members to serve on the Vice Presidential Candidate Screening Committee for the screening/verifying of the nominated Vice Presidential Candidate of our Party for the 2023 general elections”.
The statement listed the chairman and members of the Committee as follows:
1. High Chief Tom Ikimi – Chairman
2.H.E. Capt. Idris I. Wada (rtd) – Member
3. Chief Osita Chidoka – Member
4. Rt. Hon. Binta Bello – Member
5. Chief Mrs. Alh. Mutiat Adedoja – Member
6. Rt. Hon. Austin Opara – Member
7. Prof. Aisha Madawaki – Member
8. Mrs. Ayotunde George-Ologun – Member
9. Chief Mrs. Chidiebelu Mofus – Member
10. H.E. Fidelis Tapgun – Member
11. Dr. Akilu Indabawa- Secretary
Mr. Sunday Omobo – Administrative Secretary
According to the statement, the screening exercise will hold at the National Working Committee (NWC) Hall, PDP National Secretariat, Wadata Plaza, Abuja, beginning at 10am.