• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Friday, August 21, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home News National News

FG, NLC, El-Rufai meet today over labour dispute in Kaduna

by NewsNet Nigeria
5 years ago
in National News, News
FG, NLC, El-Rufai meet today over labour dispute in Kaduna
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) will today honour the invitation of the Federal Government to resolve the labour disagreement between it and the Kaduna State government.

Organised Labour in the country on Wednesday suspended its five days warning strike in the state to allow the federal government to wade into the en masse.

NLC President, Ayuba Wabba, who announced the suspension of the strike said the decision is to honour the invitation of the Federal Government on Thursday to mediate in the dispute between labour and the Kaduna State Government.

ALSO READ  NLC Sounds Fresh Alarm Over Health Workers' Pay Dispute, Strike Looms

Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, had earlier on Wednesday waded into the ongoing face-off between the Kaduna State government and labour unions by inviting both parties to a reconciliation meeting.

The meeting scheduled to hold at the Ministry of Labour and Employment in the Federal Secretariat, Abuja is to be attended by the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El Rufai and top officials of the State; s well as the President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Ayuba Wabba and top NLC leaders.

ALSO READ  NLC Sounds Fresh Alarm Over Health Workers' Pay Dispute, Strike Looms

Ngige had directed the two parties to maintain the status quo ante Bellum pending the resolution of the issues in contention.

“I am therefore constrained in the exercise of my powers as the Minister of Labour and Employment, under the Trade Disputes Act, CAP. T8, Laws of Federation of Nigeria (LFN) 2004; to invite you and your top officials to the emergency trade dispute conciliation meeting,” he said.

Previous Post

Evwreni Crisis: Emerhor’s committee appeals to Okowa to set up Judicial Panel of Enquiry as peace talks collapse

Next Post

Jesu Marie Empowerment Foundation, Rotary Club hold free medical outreach May 28, 29 at Osubi in Delta

MORE NEWS

Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat
Judiciary

Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

August 20, 2026
Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota
Local News

Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

August 20, 2026
Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee
Local News

Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

August 18, 2026
Muslims or Christians? Enenche Wants Census to End Nigeria’s Numbers Game
National News

Muslims or Christians? Enenche Wants Census to End Nigeria’s Numbers Game

August 17, 2026
Next Post
Jesu Marie Empowerment Foundation, Rotary Club hold free medical outreach May 28, 29 at Osubi in Delta

Jesu Marie Empowerment Foundation, Rotary Club hold free medical outreach May 28, 29 at Osubi in Delta

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

12 Duplexes, 12 Vehicles: Oborevwori Gives Delta Permanent Secretaries Welfare Boost

12 Duplexes, 12 Vehicles: Oborevwori Gives Delta Permanent Secretaries Welfare Boost

August 20, 2026
Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

August 20, 2026
Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

August 20, 2026
‘If You Love Me, Support Tinubu’: Oborevwori Urges Christian Leaders Ahead of 2027

‘If You Love Me, Support Tinubu’: Oborevwori Urges Christian Leaders Ahead of 2027

August 20, 2026
UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

August 19, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • 12 Duplexes, 12 Vehicles: Oborevwori Gives Delta Permanent Secretaries Welfare Boost

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Adeleke Beats Oyebamiji by 66,252 Votes to Win Second Term as Osun Governor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.