• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, August 20, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Gunmen storm Issele-Uku in Delta, rob UBA of millions, trader shot dead, many sustain bullet wounds 

by NewsNet Nigeria
5 years ago
in Crime
Gunmen storm Issele-Uku in Delta, rob UBA of millions, trader shot dead, many sustain bullet wounds 
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

By Patrick Ochei

It was a Black Tuesday in Issele-Uku, headquarters of Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State, as daredevil armed robbers unleashed terror in the town during almost an hour robbery operation.

From eye witness account, the robbers had stationed their gang members at strategic positions in the town, while other of their members robbed the bank unhindered.

It was gathered that customers were held hostage inside the bank for almost an hour, while other gang members outside were raining bullets at random.

In the process of the shooting spree, a trader, identified as an indigene of Issele-Uku from Ogbeofu village was shot dead while many others sustained bullet wounds.

When our correspondent contacted the acting PPRO, DSP Bright Edafe of Delta State Police Command on hearing of the operation, he confirmed it and gave assurance that he was in contact with the Division for quick response.

However, unfortunately, throughout the almost one-hour operation, the DPO and officers from Issele-Uku Division were nowhere to be found. It was even gathered that the armed robbers had earlier gone to the police station looking for the DPO but he had fled the scene alongside his men.

Meanwhile, some of the eyewitnesses spoken to queried the usefulness of the “Operation Delta Hawk”, confirming that calls were put through to them but they never responded until the robbery operation was successfully carried out.

It could be recalled that about three years ago, the same bank was also robbed, people were equally injured and millions carted away.

As at the time of filing this report, a security man at the security post and one other person were later found dead inside the bank premises.

Also, the number of those that sustained gunshot injuries, including the amount of money that was stolen in the process were yet to be ascertained.

Previous Post

CAF clearance of Iwobi for Lesotho match excites Pinnick

Next Post

Tinubu amends statement on recruitment of 50m youths into Nigeria’s security forces

MORE NEWS

Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe
Crime

Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe

August 19, 2026
Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration
Crime

Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration

August 13, 2026
Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll
Crime

Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll

August 7, 2026
Why We Froze Osun’s Accounts Ahead of Governorship Poll, EFCC Opens Up
Crime

Why We Froze Osun’s Accounts Ahead of Governorship Poll, EFCC Opens Up

August 7, 2026
Next Post
Tinubu amends statement on recruitment of 50m youths into Nigeria’s security forces

Tinubu amends statement on recruitment of 50m youths into Nigeria’s security forces

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

August 20, 2026
Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

August 20, 2026
‘If You Love Me, Support Tinubu’: Oborevwori Urges Christian Leaders Ahead of 2027

‘If You Love Me, Support Tinubu’: Oborevwori Urges Christian Leaders Ahead of 2027

August 20, 2026
UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

August 19, 2026
Davido vs Wande Coal: How Five-Year-Old Song Reignites Afrobeats Feud

Davido vs Wande Coal: How Five-Year-Old Song Reignites Afrobeats Feud

August 19, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Adeleke Beats Oyebamiji by 66,252 Votes to Win Second Term as Osun Governor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.