• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, November 30, 2025
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

S’Court Dismisses Second Attempt At Appeal By Dieyi Family In Ogwashi-Uku Royal Dispute

by NewsNet Nigeria
5 months ago
in Crime, Judiciary, News
Ogwashi-Uku palace invasion trial begins at Federal High Court in Asaba
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

The Supreme Court of Nigeria has reaffirmed the legal victory of the Umu Obi Obahai Royal Family of Ogwashi-Uku by dismissing yet another appeal filed by the Umu Dieyi Family, bringing a decisive end to the long-standing dispute over the throne of Ogwashi-Uku Kingdom.

In a ruling delivered on Tuesday, June 24, 2025, in Suit No. SC/CV/1036/2022, the apex court dismissed the application brought by Chief Francis Njokanma, Felix Izediunor, Wilson Izediunor & Others, representing the Umu Dieyi Family, against Prince Thomas Mowete & Others, who stood for the Umu Obi Obahai Royal Family.

ALSO READ  Fresh Crisis Looms in Delta Poly Ogwashi-Uku Over Governing Council’s Appointment of Acting Deputy Rector

This latest attempt was a second attempt to appeal to the Supreme Court on the same issue.

The court had already ruled in 2022 in favour of the Umu Obi Obahai Royal Family, dismissing the earlier appeal by the Dieyi group.

However, despite the clarity and finality of that judgment, the Umu Dieyi Family filed another appeal in August 2022, which has now also been dismissed in its entirety.

Legal experts say the repeated filings were a clear attempt to create confusion within the Ogwashi-Uku community and falsely suggest that the matter was still unresolved.

ALSO READ  Fresh Crisis Looms in Delta Poly Ogwashi-Uku Over Governing Council’s Appointment of Acting Deputy Rector

Speaking after the judgment, Prince Onyema Okonjo, on behalf of the Umu Obi Obahai Royal Family, expressed deep appreciation to the Supreme Court for upholding justice and bringing final closure to the case.

“This judgment confirms what the law has long made clear. There is no further appeal pending. We call on the Umu Dieyi family to accept the decision of the courts and desist from actions that threaten the peace and unity of Ogwashi-Uku Kingdom.

“We will no longer tolerate any attempts by Umu Dieyi or their sponsor at division, criminality or disobedience of court judgements. Additionally, trespassers around the Royal Palace should vacate forthwith,” he said.

ALSO READ  Fresh Crisis Looms in Delta Poly Ogwashi-Uku Over Governing Council’s Appointment of Acting Deputy Rector

The family also extended special commendation to their lead counsel, Chief Arthur Obi Okafor, SAN, for his legal expertise and unwavering commitment throughout the litigation.

This ruling is expected to further strengthen traditional structures and promote stability in Ogwashi-Uku Kingdom, where chieftaincy disputes have historically been a source of tension.

With this Supreme Court decision, legal observers affirm that the matter is conclusively settled, and any further attempts to re-litigate it may amount to abuse of court process.

Previous Post

‘Tehran will shake’, says Israeli Finance Minister as Iran reportedly breaks ceasefire

Next Post

Delta: Native Doctor Arrested for Concealing Firearms in Ceiling

MORE NEWS

Jaro Egbo bans iron scavengers in Agbarho over disappearance of children
Local News

Uduere Community to Jaro Egbo: Respect Our Constitution, Stop Parading Fake Delegates

November 27, 2025
Delta Online Publishers Forum Expands Membership, Reaffirms Ethics at 2025 Retreat
Communication

Delta Online Publishers Forum Expands Membership, Reaffirms Ethics at 2025 Retreat

November 27, 2025
Delta Police Arrest 62-Year-Old Woman with 178 Cartridges, Nab 7 Kidnap Suspects in Ubeji, Rescue 3 Victims in Jeddo
Crime

Police Launch Manhunt for Onicha-Olona Chief, Armed Gang After Killing of Three Youths in Asaba

November 25, 2025
Senator Dafinone Backs Fresh Strategy to Reinforce Nigeria’s War on Terror
News

Senator Dafinone Backs Fresh Strategy to Reinforce Nigeria’s War on Terror

November 25, 2025
Next Post
Delta: Native Doctor Arrested for Concealing Firearms in Ceiling

Delta: Native Doctor Arrested for Concealing Firearms in Ceiling

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

Guwor, Classmates Return to DELSU After 20 Years, Donate Learning Materials, Pledge Lecture Hall Renovation

Guwor, Classmates Return to DELSU After 20 Years, Donate Learning Materials, Pledge Lecture Hall Renovation

November 29, 2025
Recurring Train Derailments: Senate Orders Probe, Repairs of Itakpe–Ujevwu Rail Line After Dafinone’s Motion

Obire Slams Ughelli/Udu Senate Plot, Calls for Power Balance in Delta Central

November 29, 2025
Oborevwori Orders Immediate Fix of Failed Sections of Ubeji/Egbokodo/Refinery Road

Oborevwori Orders Immediate Fix of Failed Sections of Ubeji/Egbokodo/Refinery Road

November 28, 2025
Relief as Goodluck Jonathan Returns Home After Being Trapped in Coup-Hit Guinea-Bissau

Relief as Goodluck Jonathan Returns Home After Being Trapped in Coup-Hit Guinea-Bissau

November 28, 2025
Assembly Pushes 2026 Budget Ahead as Deltans Anticipate Real Gains from 70% Capital Spending

Assembly Pushes 2026 Budget Ahead as Deltans Anticipate Real Gains from 70% Capital Spending

November 28, 2025

TRENDING STORIES

  • Delta Police Arrest 62-Year-Old Woman with 178 Cartridges, Nab 7 Kidnap Suspects in Ubeji, Rescue 3 Victims in Jeddo

    Police Launch Manhunt for Onicha-Olona Chief, Armed Gang After Killing of Three Youths in Asaba

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Uduere Community to Jaro Egbo: Respect Our Constitution, Stop Parading Fake Delegates

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Erhwu Ovieya, Chief Sule Back Asekutu for Strong Delta TUC Leadership

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Delta First Lady Flags Off Free Medical Outreach, Donates Wheelchairs, Assistive Devices to Special-Needs Children in Ughelli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Obire Slams Ughelli/Udu Senate Plot, Calls for Power Balance in Delta Central

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.