The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Ondo State Chapter has reiterated that, there are no cleavages within the ranks of our party. To this extent, those fanning the embers of disunity should stay clear of Ondo State.
At a meeting attended by all State Working Members, Chairman and Secretary of the State Elders Committee, Board of Trustee Members, All former State Chairmen and Governorship Candidate of the Party at the Ondo 2020 Election, it was unanimously agreed that;
- We appreciate the support and contributions of Governor Seyi Makinde towards the holding of successful and rancour-free Congresses especially the State Congress that held on 4th August, 2020.
- We recognise and support Engineer Seyi Makinde, Governor of Oyo State as the leader of PDP in the South West being the highest political office holder in the Zone.
- As Chairman of the National Campaign Council for Ondo 2020 Governorship Elections, Gov Seyi Makinde did not only make himself available for the Election, he stood with us throughout the campaigns and the election.
Ondo State PDP is not made up of ingrates, but a crop of matured and resourceful leaders who can read in between the lines.
- We do not want to be dragged into the chesspool of over-ambitious persons who wish to create factions in the PDP family with the sole aim of leading such a faction to join the sinking boat of the All Progressives Congress ( APC).
- The meddlesome interlopers from neighbouring states fanning embers of disunity should stay clear of Ondo state. They are only feathering their nests. We encourage them to put their house in order.
Once again, we stand in solidarity with Governor Seyi Makinde and we support his leadership of PDP in the South West.
Kennedy Ikantu Peretei
State Publicity Secretary, PDP, Ondo State.
24th November 2020.
Leave a Reply