Comrade Augustine Ogedegbe has emerged as the Chairmanship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for Ethiope East Local Government Area for the March 6, 2021, local government elections in Delta State.
NewsNet gathered that Ogedegbe’s emergence as the PDP chairmanship candidate followed a consensus amongst leaders of the party in Ethiope East Council Area.
Meanwhile, one of the PDP aspirants for the chairmanship position in the area, Rt. Hon. Victor Ofobrukueta has conceded to Comrade Ogedegbe for the position saying, “we shall partner with Augustine Ogedegbe to move Ethiope East forward”.
The full text of the statement issued by Ofobrukueta on Saturday reads below:
We have made a bold statement in the hearts of Ethiope Easterners, but every Journey that begins must end.
1. My desire to become Chairman of Ethiope East Local Government Council was altruistic, devoid of desperation for power therefore we shall partner with Augustine Ogedegbe to move Ethiope East forward.
2. I strongly believe in the development of Ethiope East and l will continue to be part of its development, if you do then we must accept this decision of our party and look towards the future. Augustine Ogedegbe is going to be our Chairman, we owe him an open mind and the chance to lead.l hereby heartily congratulate him and wish him well.
3. Let me seize this opportunity to express my gratitude to my team who worked tirelessly to actualize our dream of making Ethiope East amongst 20 most developed local government in Nigeria by 2040, my teeming supporters who believed in my aspiration, My party leaders who reposed implicit confidence in my capacity and character to lead.
4. l must also thank profusely my leaders and father Chief Bernard Edewor, Barr. Kingsley Esiso and His Excellency Dr Arthur Ifeanyi Okowa for giving me the chance to aspire.
5. The future is indeed very bright.
6. God bless Ethiope East, Delta State and Nigeria.
Rt. Hon. Victor Ofobrukueta
Leader, Ethiope East Legislative Arm
Leave a Reply