By Felix Ekwu, Managing Editor
Incumbent Governor of Delta State, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, two of his predecessors, Chief James Ibori and Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan are expected again on Tuesday, April 5, 2022, to try to navigate the waters as it pertains to ensuring a troubled free emergence of a governorship flag bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the state for 2023 general elections.
Ibori, Uduaghan and Okowa will be meeting again on Tuesday in Asaba, the Delta State capital on the instance of a crucial PDP stakeholders meeting called by the Olorogun Kingsley Esiso led state Executive of the party.
NewsNet Nigeria gathered that the last time the three political gladiators met on the same platform a motion moved by Esiso on the zoning of the governorship position to Delta Central did not receive a unanimous endorsement.
Some political pundits in the state say that while the zoning of the governorship position may have been overtaken by recent political developments, the choice of who from Delta Central should fly the flag of the PDP still remains in contention.
According to them, the dust still remains unsettled on the Delta Central PDP guber candidate, especially with the widely rumoured resignation of the Chief of Staff to the Delta State Government, Chief Festus Agas, whose entrance into the race is being viewed to further deepen permutations on the side the pendulum will eventually swing to.
A statement by the State Secretary of Delta State PDP, Mr Dan Ossai, an engineer, lists below those to attend the crucial stakeholders meeting which will hold at the Unity Hall of Government House, Asaba, beginning at 1pm:
1. H.E., The Governor of Delta State.
2. H.E., The Deputy Governor of Delta State.
3. All Former Governors and Deputy Governors of Delta State.
4. Speaker, and Members of Delta State House of Assembly.
5. Members of PDP BOT.
6. Members of NEC, ZEC, and SEC of our Party, (PDP).
7. Serving and Former National Assembly members.
8. Former Presiding Officers of the Delta State House of Assembly.
9. All LGA Party Chairmen.
10. All LGA Council Chairmen.
11. All Gubernatorial Aspirants.
12. All National Assembly Aspirants.
13. All House of Assembly Aspirants.
14. All serving Commissioners.
15. Former Members of NWC and NEC.
16. Selected Stakeholders of PDP in the LGA’s.