• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Oil and Gas

Indigenous oil firm, Anotech suffers N500m loss in arson attacks at Imo oil fields

by NewsNet Nigeria
3 years ago
in Oil and Gas
Indigenous oil firm, Anotech suffers N500m loss in arson attacks at Imo oil fields
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

Suspected hoodlums have launched arson attacks at the site of OML 16 operated by Sterling Global Nigeria Limited, a subsidiary of Advance Oil Production Systems Ltd (AOPSL)/NNPCL Joint Venture in Ochia-Awara/Assa community of Imo State.

Impeccable police sources stated that the incident specifically took place at the location of a contractor, Anotech Global Company Nigeria Limited, an indigenous oil and gas pipelines/facilities construction and installation company.

Anotech is handling 23km pipeline installation, which cuts across several communities, namely, Obitti, Ochia, Awala, Assa, Obile Ana and Ada Palm communities of Imo State.

It was gathered that equipment burnt during the invasion of Anotech’s site include: excavator, self loader truck, several 150kva electric generators, over 20 welding machines, cables grinding machines of various sizes, welding tents and various tools boxes control panels.

The items are valued at over N500m.

Narrating the ordeal in a statement issued by Anotech’s Site Manager, Mr. Patrick Egwuatu, on Wednesday, he said the unknown invaders wilfully set the company’s facilities ablaze.

Egwuatu said the incident had been reported to the representatives of the client, Sterling Global Nigeria Limited, leadership of the host communities and Imo State Police Command.

 

He added that carcass of the burnt oil equipment littered Assa work site of Anotech.

In the statement titled, ‘Incident Report On The Fire Outbreak On The AOPSL 18’ Row Assa Site, Egwuatu, said, “At 7:22pm this evening, 31st August 2023, I recieved a phone call from one of our site night security men, Mr. Abuchi Elelu, who informed me that our self loader vehicle with 2 nos. 150KVA generators powering about 10nos inverter welding machines, 2nos tool boxes, many grinding machines, many consumables such as electrodes and welding cables etc were on fire.

“He said that he doesn’t know how the fire started. That it was very sudden. That he and the 3 other security men went into hiding in the bush as they were not sure if the perpetrator/s are armed.

“Judging from the position of the equipment, one can estimate that the incident took place at about 1.150km [100 pipe lengths] from Ochia-Awara/Assa Community.

“After receiving the news, I called my colleagues and informed them about the incident. I called my base office and informed them. I also notified the site client reps Mr. Ernest and Mr. Vishal. I also informed the Assa PG.”

Mr. Patrick Egwuatu, Site manager,
“My appeal to the law enforcement agencies to carryout a thorough investigation with the view to apprehend the culprits and bring them to justice.”

To this end, Egwuatu appealed to the law enforcement agencies, especially the Imo State police command to carryout a thorough investigation into the incident with a view to apprehending and bringing the arsonists to justice.

Commissioner of Police, Imo State Command, Mr. Stephen Olanrewaju, could not be reached for his comment but competent sources in the command said investigation has begun into the incident.

Previous Post

100 Days: Fidelis Adjogbe celebrates Gov Oborevwori, says MORE agenda on steady ride

Next Post

Disregard letter introducing new Ekpan Development Committee to avoid contempt of court – Onaodovwan-led EDC warns

MORE NEWS

Tinubu Reshuffles Key Agencies, Hands Ayo Fayose REA Chairmanship in 26 Fresh Appointments
Oil and Gas

Tinubu Opens Deep-Water Door, Targets $50bn Fresh Oil Investment

August 12, 2026
‘Declare Environmental Emergency Now,’ Mulade Urges Over Reported Delta Oil Spill
Oil and Gas

‘Declare Environmental Emergency Now,’ Mulade Urges Over Reported Delta Oil Spill

July 9, 2026
‘Don’t Destroy What Is Working’ — HOSCON Petitions Tinubu Over Alleged Sabotage of Tantita
Oil and Gas

‘Don’t Destroy What Is Working’ — HOSCON Petitions Tinubu Over Alleged Sabotage of Tantita

June 22, 2026
Dafinone Applauds Elohor Aiboni’s Elevation to Shell Executive Vice President, Country Chair
Oil and Gas

Dafinone Applauds Elohor Aiboni’s Elevation to Shell Executive Vice President, Country Chair

June 20, 2026
Next Post
Disregard letter introducing new Ekpan Development Committee to avoid contempt of court – Onaodovwan-led EDC warns

Disregard letter introducing new Ekpan Development Committee to avoid contempt of court - Onaodovwan-led EDC warns

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

August 18, 2026
NAPPS South-South Disowns ‘Interim EXCO’, Backs Young Nwanne as Delta Chairman

NAPPS South-South Disowns ‘Interim EXCO’, Backs Young Nwanne as Delta Chairman

August 18, 2026
Nani Becomes Ethiope West Youth Movement Patron as Group Rallies for APC Victory in 2027

Nani Becomes Ethiope West Youth Movement Patron as Group Rallies for APC Victory in 2027

August 18, 2026
Dafinone, Waive Get Kudos as Ughelli South II Reclaims Assembly Seat

Dafinone, Waive Get Kudos as Ughelli South II Reclaims Assembly Seat

August 17, 2026
ACOMIN Urges Delta Govt to Expand DOTS Centres, Integrate HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria Programmes

ACOMIN Urges Delta Govt to Expand DOTS Centres, Integrate HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria Programmes

August 17, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Oghara Doctor’s Assault: DELSUTH Resident Doctors Give Three-Day Ultimatum, Threaten Indefinite Strike

    Oghara Doctor’s Assault: DELSUTH Resident Doctors Give Three-Day Ultimatum, Threaten Indefinite Strike

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opete Indigenes Reject Crisis Claims, Pass Vote of No Confidence in Okpako Orere

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Adeleke Beats Oyebamiji by 66,252 Votes to Win Second Term as Osun Governor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • At 104, Pa Penawou Takes Final Bow as Jonathan, Oborevwori, Diri, Ibori Pay Tribute

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • ₦5m Surgery Lifeline, 21 Wheelchairs Highlight Tobore Oborevwori’s Burutu Medical Outreach

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.