A section of the head office of Nigerian online newspaper, Premium Times in Abuja was on Friday afternoon gutted by fire.
It was gathered that the fire, which started around 1pm was suspected to be caused by an electrical fault.
Although there were no casualties some properties were affected, it was also gathered.
A staff, who spoke to The Nation under anonymity, confirmed that the items including computers, printers, furniture, documents and some personal belongings of the newspaper’s Editor-in-Chief, Musikilu Mojeed, were destroyed.
The media outlet confirmed that the fire destroyed a section of the newsroom and some properties.
The fire was however brought under control by the men of the Federal Fire Service.