• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Friday, August 21, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Izeze tasks CCECC on speedy completion of sector C of Asaba-Ughelli dualization

by NewsNet Nigeria
3 years ago
in News, Transportation
Izeze tasks CCECC on speedy completion of sector C of Asaba-Ughelli dualization
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

Delta State Commissioner for Works (Highways and Urban roads), Comrade Reuben Izeze, has charged the contractor handily sector C of the Asaba-Kwale-Ozoro-Ughelli dualization to increase the pace of work on the project and get the job completed in record time.

Comrade Izeze who gave the charge during the inspection visit to the site to ascertain the level of work on the road project, said with the dry season fast approaching, there was the need for the firm to mobilize more human and materials resources and get the job done.

Saying that the state Governor, Rt Hon Sheriff Oborevwori had expressed concern over the delay in the completion of the project, the Works Commissioner said the socio-economic importance of the Asaba-Ughelli road which connects several communities across the three senatorial districts of the state can not be overemphasized.

Accompanied by some top government officials in the Ministry of Works, Izeze, a former member of the State Assembly, however, expressed satisfaction with the quality of work being executed by the construction company handling the project for the state government.

The Commissioner said he was impressed with the determination of the firm to record steady milestones as it progresses with the job to meet the deadline, saying that so far the contractor has shown capacity and commitment, even as he appealed to the company not to slow down the pace of work.

Izeze restated the commitment of the Oborevrwori-led government to completing all ongoing projects started by the previous administrations in the state.

The former lawmaker stated that every project under the supervision of the Ministry of Works must be executed to standard as Deltans must have value for the money spent on them.

He assured the firm that all challenges listed would be addressed as the government would always keep its own part of the contractual agreement.

Emphasizing that his office takes supervision of projects seriously, Izeze warned that days, when certificates of completion were approved and issued without due diligence, are over, adding that contractors working with the Ministry must comply with the BOQ.

He added that standards are key components of the MORE agenda of the present administration, which he said would never be compromised under his watch.

The Zonal Manager, Chinese Civil Engineering Construction Company, CCECC, Mr Wu-u Yuaru, gave assurance that the project would be completed next year.

He said the Precast Beams for the bridge at the Ogwashi-Uku Dam were ready, adding that the company was waiting for the water tide to reduce before commencing installation of the bridge.

The Zonal Manager, promised the Works Commissioner that the pace of work on the project would be doubled but appealed for the release of more funding by the state government.

The visits to project sites across the state by Comrade Izeze to ascertain the pace of development on the road infrastructures continue.

Previous Post

Awuse commiserates with Egugbo over mother’s death

Next Post

Delta LG Polls: Fidelis Adjogbe consults Ughelli North PDP leadership, pledges to consolidate MORE agenda 

MORE NEWS

Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat
Judiciary

Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

August 20, 2026
Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota
Local News

Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

August 20, 2026
Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee
Local News

Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

August 18, 2026
Muslims or Christians? Enenche Wants Census to End Nigeria’s Numbers Game
National News

Muslims or Christians? Enenche Wants Census to End Nigeria’s Numbers Game

August 17, 2026
Next Post
Delta LG Polls: Fidelis Adjogbe consults Ughelli North PDP leadership, pledges to consolidate MORE agenda 

Delta LG Polls: Fidelis Adjogbe consults Ughelli North PDP leadership, pledges to consolidate MORE agenda 

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

12 Duplexes, 12 Vehicles: Oborevwori Gives Delta Permanent Secretaries Welfare Boost

12 Duplexes, 12 Vehicles: Oborevwori Gives Delta Permanent Secretaries Welfare Boost

August 20, 2026
Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

August 20, 2026
Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

August 20, 2026
‘If You Love Me, Support Tinubu’: Oborevwori Urges Christian Leaders Ahead of 2027

‘If You Love Me, Support Tinubu’: Oborevwori Urges Christian Leaders Ahead of 2027

August 20, 2026
UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

August 19, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • 12 Duplexes, 12 Vehicles: Oborevwori Gives Delta Permanent Secretaries Welfare Boost

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Adeleke Beats Oyebamiji by 66,252 Votes to Win Second Term as Osun Governor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.