• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, August 20, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Catechist goes into hiding after lover allegedly died from abortion

by NewsNet Nigeria
3 years ago
in Crime
Abass posted to Delta as PSC appoints 12 new Commissioners of Police
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

A catechist, Oliver Vershima of St. Martins Parish, Mbape in Adikpo Kwande, Benue state, is on the run, following the death of his lover.

The catechist was reportedly seen around 7pm on Sunday, June 4, 2023, trying to dispose of the lady’s corpse, suspected to have died from complicated abortion.

In an interview with journalists on Tuesday, a witness, Terhemba, said the suspect kept the woman’s body in his room; after she died during an attempt to terminate her pregnancy.

His words, “On questioning him, it was discovered that he (Oliver) had impregnated the lady and they tried to terminate the pregnancy, but in the process, the lady lost her life early hours of the day.

“To conceal this, the catechist hid the dead body in his room until nightfall so he could take the body out of the village and possibly run away.”

Terhemba added, “Unfortunately for him, he was caught while trying to carry the body out of the village, but he later escaped in the melee,” Terhemba added.

Terhemba also said the identity of the lady was yet to be ascertained, as she was not from the community.

The Spokesperson for the State Police Command, SP, Catherine Anene, who confirmed the incident to Punch, said that the corpse of the lady had been deposited in the hospital morgue.

She stated, “Corpse of the said young girl who was said to have visited her man friend was recovered and taken to the mortuary after a report was received, but the said Oliver is yet to be seen as he brought the corpse out of his room and ran away.”

The PPRO disclosed that the investigation is still ongoing.

Source: Summit Nigeria

Previous Post

Karim Benzema joins Saudi Pro League champions Al Ittihad 

Next Post

Reps order suspension of Nigeria Air

MORE NEWS

Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe
Crime

Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe

August 19, 2026
Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration
Crime

Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration

August 13, 2026
Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll
Crime

Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll

August 7, 2026
Why We Froze Osun’s Accounts Ahead of Governorship Poll, EFCC Opens Up
Crime

Why We Froze Osun’s Accounts Ahead of Governorship Poll, EFCC Opens Up

August 7, 2026
Next Post
Reps order suspension of Nigeria Air

Reps order suspension of Nigeria Air

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

August 20, 2026
‘If You Love Me, Support Tinubu’: Oborevwori Urges Christian Leaders Ahead of 2027

‘If You Love Me, Support Tinubu’: Oborevwori Urges Christian Leaders Ahead of 2027

August 20, 2026
UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

August 19, 2026
Davido vs Wande Coal: How Five-Year-Old Song Reignites Afrobeats Feud

Davido vs Wande Coal: How Five-Year-Old Song Reignites Afrobeats Feud

August 19, 2026
16 Recoveries, One Big Statement: Osayi-Samuel Pushes for Super Eagles Recall

16 Recoveries, One Big Statement: Osayi-Samuel Pushes for Super Eagles Recall

August 19, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Adeleke Beats Oyebamiji by 66,252 Votes to Win Second Term as Osun Governor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • At 104, Pa Penawou Takes Final Bow as Jonathan, Oborevwori, Diri, Ibori Pay Tribute

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.