• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, February 22, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home News National News

Block my son Seyi, other busybodies from interrupting FEC meetings – Tinubu orders

by NewsNet Nigeria
2 years ago
in National News, News
Block my son Seyi, other busybodies from interrupting FEC meetings – Tinubu orders
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

President Bola Tinubu on Monday ordered the State House security office to block his son and other errant persons from interrupting an active meeting of the federal executive council.

The president said he observed Seyi and other unauthorised persons breezing in and out of the federal cabinet caucus convened every week to discuss the most crucial issues of national importance, cautioning specifically that such activities must seize forthwith.

“Last week, I noticed the undue access of people sneaking in and out of this council,” Mr Tinubu said as the executive council was called to order on Monday. “I saw the photograph of my son, Seyi, sitting behind the cubicle there. That is not acceptable.”

ALSO READ  Asaba Sets the Pace as Tinubu, Oborevwori Flag Off Police Games 2026

Subsequently, the president listed aides that should be allowed to take part in the meeting going forward. Those Mr Tinubu mentioned were Hadiza Usman, adviser on policy; Bayo Onanuga, information advisers; Hakeem Muri-Okunola, principal secretary; and Damilotun Aderemi, private secretary. a

“Those are people who are granted exception to be here when we’re conducting the business of the nation. Unless I sent for you, don’t come,” the president said.

The president asked the cabinet secretary George Akume to take note of the instruction.

ALSO READ  Tinubu Steps In Again, Freezes Fubara Impeachment, Declares Wike Undisputed Political Leader

“Unless your staff that are included, no one is privileged to have access sitting in this (Council Chambers), except those four that I’ve announced to you”, the president said.

The warning could severely undermine the overbearing influence and the illusion of access that Seyi Tinubu has been selling to the public since he followed his father to Abuja, even though he was never appointed to any position in the administration. Prior to his father’s inauguration as president on May 29, Seyi was an advertising executive in Lagos.

ALSO READ  2026 Outlook: Adjogbe Urges Tinubu to Boost Local Production, Infrastructure; Backs Oborevwori on Delta Development

But he has been seen riding the president’s private jet and receiving credits for influencing government policies. Earlier this month, he was seen flying a presidential jet to Kano, a move that embarrassed both the president and other officials in the State House. He did not immediately return a request seeking comments from The Gazette about his father’s action.

Those statutorily allowed into the federal executive council meeting include the vice-president, all ministers, the cabinet secretary, the head of service, the national security adviser and the president’s special adviser on media.

Source: Peoples Gazette

Previous Post

Oborevwori’s portrait unveiling at Julius Obelikpeyah’s D’Gallery Sports Bar Nov. 5

Next Post

Ajaero surfaces with bruised face after alleged abduction

MORE NEWS

New Era Begins as ECIU Port Harcourt Branch Elects Wilson Agbuke as President
Local News

New Era Begins as ECIU Port Harcourt Branch Elects Wilson Agbuke as President

February 20, 2026
Oborevwori Hands Okoh, Kakor a Reform Mandate as Delta Targets Economic Reset
Economy

Oborevwori Hands Okoh, Kakor a Reform Mandate as Delta Targets Economic Reset

February 19, 2026
No More Delays: Oborevwori Takes Inspection to Ugbolu–Okpanam, Oko Road Projects
Local News

No More Delays: Oborevwori Takes Inspection to Ugbolu–Okpanam, Oko Road Projects

February 17, 2026
El-Rufai Seeks Answers from NSA Over Alleged Toxic Chemical Procurement
National News

El-Rufai Seeks Answers from NSA Over Alleged Toxic Chemical Procurement

February 15, 2026
Next Post
Ajaero surfaces with bruised face after alleged abduction

Ajaero surfaces with bruised face after alleged abduction

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

Fake Pregnancy Exposed: NDLEA Busts Woman with 3,200 Tramadol Capsules at Seme Border

Fake Pregnancy Exposed: NDLEA Busts Woman with 3,200 Tramadol Capsules at Seme Border

February 22, 2026
TODAY, SUNDAY: Michael Tidi Dumps PDP for APC in Major Warri Defection

TODAY, SUNDAY: Michael Tidi Dumps PDP for APC in Major Warri Defection

February 22, 2026
Chaos Rocks Delta South APC Women’s Meeting Over ₦50m ‘Kola-Nut’ Fund

Delta APC Congress Runs Smoothly: No Rift Among Omo-Agege, Ibori, Nwoko, Oborevwori & Okowa — Group Slams Rumour Mongers

February 21, 2026
Oluremi Tinubu’s Feb 26 Visit to Olu of Warri Signals Unity, Strength — Arun Igala in Warri Kingdom

Oluremi Tinubu’s Feb 26 Visit to Olu of Warri Signals Unity, Strength — Arun Igala in Warri Kingdom

February 21, 2026
APC Sapele Congress: Ede Dafinone Declares Party Rift Closed After Consensus Vote

APC Sapele Congress: Ede Dafinone Declares Party Rift Closed After Consensus Vote

February 21, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Waive Urges Urgent Voter Registration Push as Delta Central Votes Shrink

    House in Uproar: Francis Waive’s Motion on Electoral Act Sparks Fierce Debate

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Grassroots Revolt in Delta North as APC Ward Chairmen Demand Fresh Congress

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • APC Sapele Congress: Ede Dafinone Declares Party Rift Closed After Consensus Vote

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Delta APC Congress Runs Smoothly: No Rift Among Omo-Agege, Ibori, Nwoko, Oborevwori & Okowa — Group Slams Rumour Mongers

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Declared Dead, Found Alive: Nigerian Man Listed as Ukraine War Casualty Resurfaces in Captivity

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.