• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Alleged plot to attack Ologbotsere descendants in Olu’s palace crisis raises tension in Warri 

by NewsNet Nigeria
5 years ago
in News, Security
Olu of Warri strips Ayiri Emami of Ologbotsere title
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

Tension is currently brewing in Warri, Delta State, following alleged plot to attack some notable Itsekiri sons and daughters, particularly Ologbotsere Eyinmisan Descendants by some unruly elements.

BIGPENNGR reports that the plot, according to Ologbotsere Eyinmisan Descendants, in a strong worded petition dated Wednesday, October 13, 2021 to the Inspector General of Police, was allegedly being hatched by some undisclosed elements from the palace of the Olu of Warri Kingdom.

The petition was copied the Executive Governor of Delta State, the Commissioner of Police, Delta Command and the Director-General of the State Security Service (SSS).

Recall that following the purported removal of Chief Ayirimi Emami as the Ologbotsere of Warri Kingdom, the Ologbotsere descendants, had last week Thursday rejected the pronouncement made by Olu of Warri, His Majesty, Ogiame Atuwatse III, on Tuesday in his palace through Chief Brown Mene.
It was gathered that the rejection of the Olu’s removal of Chief Emami and the abolition of the Ologbotsere title, which was reportedly reduced to a ‘nickname’, didn’t sink down well with some elements in the palace.

Sources said that following the development, the Olori-Ebi of the Ologbotsere Family, Pa. Jofotan Higson Oporokun has been put under intensed pressure by the elements from the palace to override the position of Ologbotsere Eyinmisan Descendants, who didn’t only rejected the Olu’s pronouncement but had passed a vote of confidence in Chief Emami as the subsisting Ologbotsere of Warri Kingdom.

ALSO READ  Warri Unity Games: Oborevwori Backs Olu’s Push to Heal Old Divides

Spokesman of Ologbotsere Eyinmisan Descendants, Comrade Alex Eyengho, in a petition to IGP, said that there are verifiable case of intimidation and harassment on the Olori-Ebi of the Ologbotsere Family, Pa. Jofotan Higson Oporokun to compel him to single-handedly sign a letter scripted from the Palace of the Olu of Warri, to make it seem as emanating from the Ologbotsere Eyinmisan Descendants.

He said that the ‘scripted letter’ was geared to discredit the position of Ologbotsere Eyinmisan Descendants, maintaining, “This development does not just have the lace of criminality and impersonation, but it smacks of desperation by an illegitimate authority, to rewrite an obnoxious pronouncement likened to a policy summersault”.

Against the scripted letter which the Olori-Ebi of the Ologbotsere Family, Pa. Jofotan Higson Oporokun is being forced to sign singlehandedly, Comrade Eyengho disclosed that from time immemorial all “correspondences by the respected Ologbotsere Eyinmisan Descendants, have always had the imprimatur of a representative from at-least ten (10) of the twelve (12) stocks that make up the family”.

ALSO READ  "We Have One King": Uvwie Women, Elders Oppose Planned Olu of Warri Visit

He said that there was never a time only the Olori-Ebi of the Ologbotsere Family, Pa. Jofotan Higson Oporokun had signed any letter sent to the palace.

“Permit us to outline the stocks that are signatory to any letter emanating from the Ologbotsere Eyinmisan Descendants thus: Egbeju Family, Iya Family, Uwangue Family, Ameren Family, Eyiogodeaghan Family, Iweroko Family, Ello Family, Edogiere Family, Menokaren Family, Omagene Family and Utasunwa Family.

While acknowledging that it is the Olu of Warri that confers Chieftaincy titles to deserving Itsekiri indigenes, and occasionally non-Itsekiris, the petition said that “It is laughable that the content of the criminally-worded letter which a particular Chief and other elements from the Palace, are intimidating Pa. Jofotan Higson Oporokun to sign (through phone calls pressures and person-to-person harassments since Friday October 8, 2021). “The letter claims that “All titles belong to HIS MAJESTY, OGIAME ATUWATSE III – THE OLU OF WARRI”.

ALSO READ  Warri Unity Games: Oborevwori Backs Olu’s Push to Heal Old Divides

“It must be stated, clearly once more, that the Ologbotsere title belongs to the Ologbotsere Eyinmisan Descendants, and not the Olu of Warri.

“The Warri Monarch has the prerogative to install an Ologbotsere, based on the recommendation of the Ologbotsere Eyinmisan Descendants.

“Never in the history of Warri Kingdom has an Ologbotsere been disrobed, the holder of such title lives with it for a lifetime and there is nothing like former Ologbotsere.

“Telling the world in the presence of the media that Ologbotsere title has been abolished and the name is now merely a nickname, only to backtrack and say that the pronouncement, which was widely reported in the media, was a misrepresentation, is the height of opaque leadership, devoid of proper understanding of Itsekiri heritage.

“As you read this petition, it is important to alert the world of an impending plot to unleash mayhem on law-abiding itsekiri indigenes, particularly Ologbotsere Eyinmisan Descendants (who hold contrary view, regarding the current controversial traditional leadership) by elements from Palace of the Olu of Warri, anytime from Saturday October 16”.

Previous Post

Electronic Transmission of Results: NASS’ volte-face, victory for democracy – Okowa

Next Post

11 contestants qualify for grand finale of DESOPADEC sponsored DBS Song Of The Year Season Two

MORE NEWS

Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee
Local News

Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

August 18, 2026
Muslims or Christians? Enenche Wants Census to End Nigeria’s Numbers Game
National News

Muslims or Christians? Enenche Wants Census to End Nigeria’s Numbers Game

August 17, 2026
Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration
Crime

Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration

August 13, 2026
‘If Region Is Safe, Economy Will Go Up’ — Oborevwori Charges New Army GOC
Security

‘If Region Is Safe, Economy Will Go Up’ — Oborevwori Charges New Army GOC

August 12, 2026
Next Post
11 contestants qualify for grand finale of DESOPADEC sponsored DBS Song Of The Year Season Two

11 contestants qualify for grand finale of DESOPADEC sponsored DBS Song Of The Year Season Two

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

August 19, 2026
Davido vs Wande Coal: How Five-Year-Old Song Reignites Afrobeats Feud

Davido vs Wande Coal: How Five-Year-Old Song Reignites Afrobeats Feud

August 19, 2026
16 Recoveries, One Big Statement: Osayi-Samuel Pushes for Super Eagles Recall

16 Recoveries, One Big Statement: Osayi-Samuel Pushes for Super Eagles Recall

August 19, 2026
NLC Sounds Fresh Alarm Over Health Workers’ Pay Dispute, Strike Looms

NLC Sounds Fresh Alarm Over Health Workers’ Pay Dispute, Strike Looms

August 19, 2026
The Battle Is On: Tinubu, Rivals Launch 2027 Presidential Campaign Season

The Battle Is On: Tinubu, Rivals Launch 2027 Presidential Campaign Season

August 19, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Oghara Doctor’s Assault: DELSUTH Resident Doctors Give Three-Day Ultimatum, Threaten Indefinite Strike

    Oghara Doctor’s Assault: DELSUTH Resident Doctors Give Three-Day Ultimatum, Threaten Indefinite Strike

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Adeleke Beats Oyebamiji by 66,252 Votes to Win Second Term as Osun Governor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • At 104, Pa Penawou Takes Final Bow as Jonathan, Oborevwori, Diri, Ibori Pay Tribute

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Osun Poll: Two Candidates Quit Race, Endorse Adeleke

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.