• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, February 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home World News

Israel’s defence minister orders ‘complete siege’ of Gaza as fighting rages between Hamas militants, Israeli forces

by NewsNet Nigeria
2 years ago
in World News
Israel’s defence minister orders ‘complete siege’ of Gaza as fighting rages between Hamas militants, Israeli forces

A plume of smoke rises in the sky of Gaza City during an Israeli airstrike

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

Israeli airstrikes on Gaza have killed four Israelis held captive in the city, Hamas has said.

Israel has launched retaliatory airstrikes after Hamas terrorists slaughtered at least 250 civilians and took dozens of hostages in Gaza in a major surprise assault that left the country reeling.

Bombing carried out overnight and earlier on Monday has reportedly resulted in the deaths of four Israelis who were being held captive.

“The bombardment overnight and today on the Gaza Strip led to the killing of four of the enemy’s captives and their captors,” said Abu Ubaida, spokesman of the Hamas armed wing.

A Palestinian protester aims flares at Israeli troops amid clashes in Ramallah in the occupied West Bank CREDIT: AFP

Israeli defence minister: ‘I ordered a complete siege on Gaza’

“I ordered a full siege on the Gaza Strip. No power, no food, no gas, everything is closed. We are fighting human animals and we act accordingly,” the Israeli defence minister has reportedly said.

Hamas has threatened to kill hostages and broadcast the images if the Israeli army carries out airstrikes without warning the residents of the Gaza Strip it is targeting.

Benjamin Netanyahu – ‘Hamas will go through difficult and terrible things’

Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed Hamas will endure “terrible things” as he suggested Israel’s onslaught against them had “only just begun”.

Speaking to authorities in the south of the country, Israel’s prime minister said: “I know you have gone through terrible and difficult things; the state will leave no stone unturned to help you.

“Your leadership is very strong in these difficult days, it will take time and a strong stand is needed in the difficult days to come.

A fireball erupts during Israeli bombardment of Gaza City CREDIT: AFP

“I embrace you and the residents. We are all with you, and we will defeat [Hamas] with strength, a lot of strength.”

Mr Netanyahu told authorities to “stand firm because we are going to change the Middle East,” before he added, “Hamas will go through difficult and terrible things”.

When speaking about Israel’s campaign, he said, “We have only just begun”.

Hamas to film hostage executions if Israel bombs without warning

”Every targeting of our people without warning will be met with the execution of one of the civilian hostages,” the Ezzedine al-Qassem Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, said.

Israel said on Monday that more than 100 people had been taken captive by Hamas during the attack over the weekend.

A number of missing Brits are feared to have been kidnapped and held inside Gaza where hostages are likely being used as human shields.

A medic runs as he carries an injured child CREDIT: REUTERS

Hamas warned: “From this moment on, we announce that every targeting of our people who are safe in their homes without prior warning will be met with regret by the execution of one of our enemy’s civilian hostages, and we will urgently broadcast this with audio and video.”

Source: The Telegraph UK

Previous Post

Oborevwori abolishes promotion arrears in Delta 

Next Post

EFCC arrests two suspected internet fraudsters in musician’s residence

MORE NEWS

Declared Dead, Found Alive: Nigerian Man Listed as Ukraine War Casualty Resurfaces in Captivity
World News

Declared Dead, Found Alive: Nigerian Man Listed as Ukraine War Casualty Resurfaces in Captivity

February 17, 2026
Obama Warns of Eroding Decency as Viral Claims Trigger New Trump Debate
World News

Obama Warns of Eroding Decency as Viral Claims Trigger New Trump Debate

February 15, 2026
Trump Releases Photo of Captured Maduro Aboard USS Iwo Jima
World News

Trump Releases Photo of Captured Maduro Aboard USS Iwo Jima

January 3, 2026
Canada Deports 366 Nigerians in 2025 as 974 More Await Removal Amid Enforcement Surge
World News

Canada Deports 366 Nigerians in 2025 as 974 More Await Removal Amid Enforcement Surge

January 3, 2026
Next Post
EFCC arrests two suspected internet fraudsters in musician’s residence

EFCC arrests two suspected internet fraudsters in musician's residence

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

“One Family Now”: Dafinone Declares APC Peace After Sapele Ward Congress

“One Family Now”: Dafinone Declares APC Peace After Sapele Ward Congress

February 18, 2026
APC Ward Congress: Majemite Declares Ughelli North “Crisis-Free,” Targets 100% Delivery in 2027

APC Ward Congress: Majemite Declares Ughelli North “Crisis-Free,” Targets 100% Delivery in 2027

February 18, 2026
A Voice That Carries Weight: Why Delta Central Is Turning to John Nani

A Voice That Carries Weight: Why Delta Central Is Turning to John Nani

February 18, 2026
Waive Urges Urgent Voter Registration Push as Delta Central Votes Shrink

House in Uproar: Francis Waive’s Motion on Electoral Act Sparks Fierce Debate

February 17, 2026
Delta Central Youths Urge Senator Ede Dafinone to Seek Re-election in 2027

2027 Mandate Beyond Rhetoric: Why Senator Dafinone Remains A Critical Voice For Urhobo Nation

February 17, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Ogwashi-Uku Palace Secretary requests Justice Okpu to recuse self from libel, chieftaincy cases

    Delta High Court Orders Demolition of Illegal Fence-Shops, Awards Damages Against Ministry, Uvwie Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • House in Uproar: Francis Waive’s Motion on Electoral Act Sparks Fierce Debate

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Grassroots Revolt in Delta North as APC Ward Chairmen Demand Fresh Congress

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Major John Ovwufeti (Rtd) Emerges 16th Odion Orode of Evwreni Kingdom

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Dokpesi Jr Defends DAAR Shake-Up, Says Painful Decisions Saved Company

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.