• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

Kwankwaso suspended from NNPP

by NewsNet Nigeria
3 years ago
in Politics
Kwankwaso suspended from NNPP

Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

The New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) Board of Trustees (BoT) has suspended its candidate in the Feb. 25 presidential election, Sen. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso for alleged anti-party activities.

The BoT also suspended the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party.

It also appointed new national officers headed by Dr Agbo Major as acting National Chairman and Mr Ogini Olaposi as acting National Secretary with 18 others.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the suspension is for six months.

NAN reports that the suspensions were put to a voice vote by members of the party at its special general assembly, held at the Rockview Hotels in Apapa.

NAN recalls that the NWC of the party on Thursday, Aug. 24, announced the suspension of the founder of the party, Dr Boniface Aniebonam and the National Publicity Secretary, Major.

Addressing newsmen at the end of the meeting in Lagos on Tuesday, Secretary of the BoT, Babayo Muhammed Abdulahi, accused Kwankwaso of hobnobbing with President Bola Tinubu, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, and the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) Mr. Peter Obi, without the board’s authorisation.

Abdullahi announced that Kwankwaso had been stripped of the NNPP national leader status by the board.

The secretary of the BoT said the purported suspension of the NNPP founder was a flagrant gross violation of the party’s constitution.

He pointed out that Aniebonam had resigned as the BoT chairman and a new BoT Chairman, Dr Chief Tope Aluko was elected with Abdulahi as new BoT Secretary, while High Chief Tony Obioha was elected as BoT spokesperson

Abdulahi said the pre-election Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed with Kwankwasia Movement, The National Movement (TNM) and National Association of Government Approved Freight Forwarders
(NAGAFF) had been rendered void by the actions of the NWC.

Abdulahi said: “The purported suspension of the founder is a flagrant gross violation of the NNPP constitution such that it is tantamount to recklessness and irresponsibility on the part of the incompetent NWC.

“The BoT decided that material evidence in the public sector affirmed that Kwankwaso was involved in anti-party activities in various meetings, suggest political discussions with the President, Atiku and Obi without authorisation from the board.

” This has earned him six months suspension pending the outcome of investigation by the Disciplinary Committee.

“The BOT insisted that the avoidable violation of MoU between NNPP on the one part and Kwankwasia, TNM and NAGAFF on the other has no other choice than to withdraw from the partnership.

“It is therefore to state clearly that the MOU have been rendered void.”

Also speaking, the acting chairman said his team would hit the ground running by healing the wounds created by the suspended NWC members.

Major said the party would remain the most ordinary friendly party in the country and urged other members that are displaced for one reason or the other to return to its fold.

“We don’t intend to shut anybody out or censor anybody but we want to ensure that we remain on track and maintain our people-oriented ideology,” he said.

NAN reports that the special general assembly meeting was attended by the new NWC and members from across the country.

(NAN)

Previous Post

Tinubu appoints Ibori’s core loyalists, Ebie, Igbuya into NDDC board

Next Post

Phyno welcomes baby with mystery partner

MORE NEWS

UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment
Politics

UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

August 19, 2026
The Battle Is On: Tinubu, Rivals Launch 2027 Presidential Campaign Season
Politics

The Battle Is On: Tinubu, Rivals Launch 2027 Presidential Campaign Season

August 19, 2026
Nani Becomes Ethiope West Youth Movement Patron as Group Rallies for APC Victory in 2027
Lifestyle

Nani Becomes Ethiope West Youth Movement Patron as Group Rallies for APC Victory in 2027

August 18, 2026
Dafinone, Waive Get Kudos as Ughelli South II Reclaims Assembly Seat
Politics

Dafinone, Waive Get Kudos as Ughelli South II Reclaims Assembly Seat

August 17, 2026
Next Post
Phyno welcomes baby with mystery partner

Phyno welcomes baby with mystery partner

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

August 19, 2026
Davido vs Wande Coal: How Five-Year-Old Song Reignites Afrobeats Feud

Davido vs Wande Coal: How Five-Year-Old Song Reignites Afrobeats Feud

August 19, 2026
16 Recoveries, One Big Statement: Osayi-Samuel Pushes for Super Eagles Recall

16 Recoveries, One Big Statement: Osayi-Samuel Pushes for Super Eagles Recall

August 19, 2026
NLC Sounds Fresh Alarm Over Health Workers’ Pay Dispute, Strike Looms

NLC Sounds Fresh Alarm Over Health Workers’ Pay Dispute, Strike Looms

August 19, 2026
The Battle Is On: Tinubu, Rivals Launch 2027 Presidential Campaign Season

The Battle Is On: Tinubu, Rivals Launch 2027 Presidential Campaign Season

August 19, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oghara Doctor’s Assault: DELSUTH Resident Doctors Give Three-Day Ultimatum, Threaten Indefinite Strike

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Adeleke Beats Oyebamiji by 66,252 Votes to Win Second Term as Osun Governor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • At 104, Pa Penawou Takes Final Bow as Jonathan, Oborevwori, Diri, Ibori Pay Tribute

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Osun Poll: Two Candidates Quit Race, Endorse Adeleke

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.