• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, February 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Oil and Gas

Indigenous oil firm, Anotech suffers N500m loss in arson attacks at Imo oil fields

by NewsNet Nigeria
2 years ago
in Oil and Gas
Indigenous oil firm, Anotech suffers N500m loss in arson attacks at Imo oil fields
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

Suspected hoodlums have launched arson attacks at the site of OML 16 operated by Sterling Global Nigeria Limited, a subsidiary of Advance Oil Production Systems Ltd (AOPSL)/NNPCL Joint Venture in Ochia-Awara/Assa community of Imo State.

Impeccable police sources stated that the incident specifically took place at the location of a contractor, Anotech Global Company Nigeria Limited, an indigenous oil and gas pipelines/facilities construction and installation company.

Anotech is handling 23km pipeline installation, which cuts across several communities, namely, Obitti, Ochia, Awala, Assa, Obile Ana and Ada Palm communities of Imo State.

It was gathered that equipment burnt during the invasion of Anotech’s site include: excavator, self loader truck, several 150kva electric generators, over 20 welding machines, cables grinding machines of various sizes, welding tents and various tools boxes control panels.

The items are valued at over N500m.

Narrating the ordeal in a statement issued by Anotech’s Site Manager, Mr. Patrick Egwuatu, on Wednesday, he said the unknown invaders wilfully set the company’s facilities ablaze.

Egwuatu said the incident had been reported to the representatives of the client, Sterling Global Nigeria Limited, leadership of the host communities and Imo State Police Command.

 

He added that carcass of the burnt oil equipment littered Assa work site of Anotech.

In the statement titled, ‘Incident Report On The Fire Outbreak On The AOPSL 18’ Row Assa Site, Egwuatu, said, “At 7:22pm this evening, 31st August 2023, I recieved a phone call from one of our site night security men, Mr. Abuchi Elelu, who informed me that our self loader vehicle with 2 nos. 150KVA generators powering about 10nos inverter welding machines, 2nos tool boxes, many grinding machines, many consumables such as electrodes and welding cables etc were on fire.

“He said that he doesn’t know how the fire started. That it was very sudden. That he and the 3 other security men went into hiding in the bush as they were not sure if the perpetrator/s are armed.

“Judging from the position of the equipment, one can estimate that the incident took place at about 1.150km [100 pipe lengths] from Ochia-Awara/Assa Community.

“After receiving the news, I called my colleagues and informed them about the incident. I called my base office and informed them. I also notified the site client reps Mr. Ernest and Mr. Vishal. I also informed the Assa PG.”

Mr. Patrick Egwuatu, Site manager,
“My appeal to the law enforcement agencies to carryout a thorough investigation with the view to apprehend the culprits and bring them to justice.”

To this end, Egwuatu appealed to the law enforcement agencies, especially the Imo State police command to carryout a thorough investigation into the incident with a view to apprehending and bringing the arsonists to justice.

Commissioner of Police, Imo State Command, Mr. Stephen Olanrewaju, could not be reached for his comment but competent sources in the command said investigation has begun into the incident.

Previous Post

100 Days: Fidelis Adjogbe celebrates Gov Oborevwori, says MORE agenda on steady ride

Next Post

Disregard letter introducing new Ekpan Development Committee to avoid contempt of court – Onaodovwan-led EDC warns

MORE NEWS

Gas Flaring Is Silently Killing Niger Delta People — PANDEF Spokesman Warns
Oil and Gas

Gas Flaring Is Silently Killing Niger Delta People — PANDEF Spokesman Warns

February 4, 2026
Urhobo Palace Representatives Decry Systematic Exclusion of Oil-Rich Urhobo From Nigeria’s Petroleum Power Structure
Oil and Gas

Urhobo Palace Representatives Decry Systematic Exclusion of Oil-Rich Urhobo From Nigeria’s Petroleum Power Structure

January 14, 2026
DESOPADEC Commissioner Dr. Charles Olisa Apologises to Governor Oborevwori, Disowns Viral Suspension Letter
Oil and Gas

New Year Gesture: Oborevwori Lifts Suspension on Ndokwa DESOPADEC Representative

January 6, 2026
Ignore Fake News — Tompolo Denies Giving FG 21-Day Deadline Over Nnamdi Kanu’s Release
Oil and Gas

Textron to Deliver Aerosonde VTOL Surveillance Drones to Tompolo’s Tantita

January 5, 2026
Next Post
Disregard letter introducing new Ekpan Development Committee to avoid contempt of court – Onaodovwan-led EDC warns

Disregard letter introducing new Ekpan Development Committee to avoid contempt of court - Onaodovwan-led EDC warns

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

Calm, Conviviality Mark APC Ward 8 Congress in Aniocha North as Osuoza, Stakeholders Applaud Peaceful Process

Calm, Conviviality Mark APC Ward 8 Congress in Aniocha North as Osuoza, Stakeholders Applaud Peaceful Process

February 19, 2026
“One Family Now”: Dafinone Declares APC Peace After Sapele Ward Congress

“One Family Now”: Dafinone Declares APC Peace After Sapele Ward Congress

February 18, 2026
APC Ward Congress: Majemite Declares Ughelli North “Crisis-Free,” Targets 100% Delivery in 2027

APC Ward Congress: Majemite Declares Ughelli North “Crisis-Free,” Targets 100% Delivery in 2027

February 18, 2026
A Voice That Carries Weight: Why Delta Central Is Turning to John Nani

A Voice That Carries Weight: Why Delta Central Is Turning to John Nani

February 18, 2026
Waive Urges Urgent Voter Registration Push as Delta Central Votes Shrink

House in Uproar: Francis Waive’s Motion on Electoral Act Sparks Fierce Debate

February 17, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Ogwashi-Uku Palace Secretary requests Justice Okpu to recuse self from libel, chieftaincy cases

    Delta High Court Orders Demolition of Illegal Fence-Shops, Awards Damages Against Ministry, Uvwie Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • House in Uproar: Francis Waive’s Motion on Electoral Act Sparks Fierce Debate

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Grassroots Revolt in Delta North as APC Ward Chairmen Demand Fresh Congress

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Major John Ovwufeti (Rtd) Emerges 16th Odion Orode of Evwreni Kingdom

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Dokpesi Jr Defends DAAR Shake-Up, Says Painful Decisions Saved Company

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.