• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

After Court judgment, Police refuse to pay N12m compensation to brutalised blind man in Delta

by NewsNet Nigeria
6 years ago
in Crime, EndSARS
After Court judgment, Police refuse to pay N12m compensation to brutalised blind man in Delta
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

A lawyer, Mr Bernard Jamaho on Monday said the Police authorities have refused to pay twelve million naira compensation to a blind man, Mr Simon Arigbe, who was brutalised by some Policemen at the Express junction in Ovwian, Udu Local Government Area of Delta State in 2010.

The legal practitioner who is a cousin to the blind man disclosed this to newsmen at the public hearing held by the Judicial Panel of Inquiry on Police brutality and Extra-Judicial Killings in Delta State.

He aid the Policemen on beat before Express junction in Ovwian accosted his Cousin as a taxi driver to ask him for some money.

According to the lawyer, “He objected saying he had given them before and cannot give another one. “This led to an altercation and the altercation led to them beating him. In the process, he got blind.

” A human right lawyer, Oghenejabor Ikimi took the matter up, went to the High Court, got a judgment and the police had to go to Court again to set aside the judgment which the Court refused the application in 2010.

“Since then, every application to the Police Service Commission, PSC, to the Police, to the Government to make sure that his money, the twelve million naira awarded against the Police is paid has proved abortive. Every effort made has not worked e end through the Attorney General, did not work.”

While noting that it is the practice of bailiff and Policemen to enforce judgments on matters that concerns citizens of the Country, Mr Jamaho pointed out that when judgments are made against the Police, it is difficult to enforce such judgments.”It is an a normally that needs to be corrected.”

Mr Jamaho said the blind man and his family are demanding for a different body to enforce judgement on the matter.

“The panel has taken our petition. The Police did not oppose and the panel has reserved recommendations to the State Government.”

Previous Post

My administration committed to high standard in customary law process – Okowa

Next Post

South-South leaders insist on restructuring, true federalism

MORE NEWS

Tinubu Fires 2027 Warning, Vows to Fight Until the Very End
Crime

ICPC Finds Another ‘Fake Agency’ in OSGF, Tinubu Orders Arrest

August 22, 2026
Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe
Crime

Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe

August 19, 2026
Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration
Crime

Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration

August 13, 2026
Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll
Crime

Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll

August 7, 2026
Next Post
South-South leaders insist on restructuring, true federalism

South-South leaders insist on restructuring, true federalism

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

Auto Draft

Oborevwori Woos Farmers, Investors With Roads, Power as Delta Pushes Beyond Oil

August 22, 2026
Asu Ekiye: Wife Walked Out, Filed for Divorce

Asu Ekiye: Wife Walked Out, Filed for Divorce

August 22, 2026
Bitcoin, Gold Climb as US Bond Move Rekindles Dollar Weakness Fears

Bitcoin, Gold Climb as US Bond Move Rekindles Dollar Weakness Fears

August 22, 2026
Davido vs Okpebholo: Edo Disowns ‘Ban’ After Governor’s Aide Warns Singer

Davido vs Okpebholo: Edo Disowns ‘Ban’ After Governor’s Aide Warns Singer

August 22, 2026
Tinubu Fires 2027 Warning, Vows to Fight Until the Very End

ICPC Finds Another ‘Fake Agency’ in OSGF, Tinubu Orders Arrest

August 22, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Asu Ekiye: Wife Walked Out, Filed for Divorce

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • 12 Duplexes, 12 Vehicles: Oborevwori Gives Delta Permanent Secretaries Welfare Boost

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.