• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Friday, August 21, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Police in hot chase of suspects in Aboh Ogwashi-Uku assassination in Delta

by NewsNet Nigeria
3 years ago
in Crime
Police in hot chase of suspects in Aboh Ogwashi-Uku assassination in Delta
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

Crack police detectives from the apex investigating unit of the Nigerian Police FCID Alagbon Homicide Department are on the trail of the remaining suspects in the assassination murder of Mr Chukwunweike Alawo, who was gunned down in cold blood at Aboh Ogwashi-Uku in broad daylight in March 2022.

The FCID Alagbon Police apex investigating department handling the investigation is headed by the very respected Assistant Inspector General of Police, AIG Yahaya Abubakar who is said to be a no-nonsense police officer.

Recall that a year ago in Aboh Ogwashi-Uku, a satellite community in Ogwashi-Uku Kingdom, Mr Chukwunweike Alawo a member of the Aboh Ogwashi-Uku community was shot dead in the middle of the day by a group of people who arrived in several cars at Aboh Ogwashi-Uku.

According to bystanders, some members of the Ogwashi-Uku and Ibusa community were positively identified as part of the group that carried out the murder.

The police have arrested three suspects so far who are giving helpful information to the detectives.

The suspects arrested so far include Mr Emeka Onwadiamu who is the brother to Chief Chiedu Onwadiamu currently on the run as a suspect from the police. The two other suspects include Mr Ugo Emordi who is said to be the bag man for Mr Chiedu Onwadiamu and his associates. The last suspect in custody is Mr Iloba Obata who is also a suspect in other murder cases in the Azungwu community of Ogwashi-Uku.

Discreet sources have informed our correspondent that Mr Iloba Obata was extradited to Delta State by police officers from the elite SIB unit at the State Headquarters to face pending charges of murder, rape and arson committed in the community.  Iloba Obata is also one of the suspects who escaped from Magistrate Court 2 in Ogwashi-Uku earlier this year with police handcuffs. The police had been on his trail for several months as he was said to be moving from hideout to hideout each day to evade arrest. He has since been remanded to the Federal Correctional Center in Ogwashi-Uku.

Mr Iloba Obata it is understood is also under investigation by the Force Headquarters in Abuja for his culpability in staged videos he made which led to the death of one Stephen Ubaka.

The mother who is a widow, of the deceased Chukwunweike Alawo has been in absolute agony and pain as the deceased was her only child.

According to family members, the suspects on the run and wanted by the police have refused to submit themselves for questioning and have rather embarked on a media campaign to blame the entire murder on members of the Ibusa community and the Obi of Ogwashi-Uku who have insisted that anyone facing criminal investigations should submit themselves to the appropriate authorities.

When contacted, a senior member of the deceased family Pa Alawo expressed his disgust at the attitude of Mr Chiedu Onwadiamu who he claims is trying to divert attention from himself.

“If Chiedu has anything or any evidence to give, he should immediately go to the police and provide the information. I am really tired of journalists arranged and sent by him contacting us to ask questions about the killing of our brother. This is a police investigation. It cannot be discussed in public or on social media. Chiedu should submit himself urgently.  He is not above the law. His attempts to divert attention and engage in a media obfuscation of facts surrounding the death of our son will surely fail as the detectives are still doing their investigations.  We are not interested in his stories about Chieftaincy issues. This is about the murder of our son.  We urge the police to do their work and complete their investigations without fear or favour. After all, there are witnesses to the incident which happened in the daytime.”

Efforts to reach the Police spokesperson at the FCID Alagbon were unsuccessful and abortive as he did not answer his call.

Previous Post

Guwor’s leadership to solve accommodation challenges of House of Assembly Service Commission

Next Post

8th Coronation Anniversary: Delta Speaker felicitates Monbene III of Ogbe-Ijoh Warri Kingdom

MORE NEWS

Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe
Crime

Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe

August 19, 2026
Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration
Crime

Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration

August 13, 2026
Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll
Crime

Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll

August 7, 2026
Why We Froze Osun’s Accounts Ahead of Governorship Poll, EFCC Opens Up
Crime

Why We Froze Osun’s Accounts Ahead of Governorship Poll, EFCC Opens Up

August 7, 2026
Next Post
8th Coronation Anniversary: Delta Speaker felicitates Monbene III of Ogbe-Ijoh Warri Kingdom

8th Coronation Anniversary: Delta Speaker felicitates Monbene III of Ogbe-Ijoh Warri Kingdom

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

12 Duplexes, 12 Vehicles: Oborevwori Gives Delta Permanent Secretaries Welfare Boost

12 Duplexes, 12 Vehicles: Oborevwori Gives Delta Permanent Secretaries Welfare Boost

August 20, 2026
Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

August 20, 2026
Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

August 20, 2026
‘If You Love Me, Support Tinubu’: Oborevwori Urges Christian Leaders Ahead of 2027

‘If You Love Me, Support Tinubu’: Oborevwori Urges Christian Leaders Ahead of 2027

August 20, 2026
UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

UPU Youth Wing Backs Dafinone for Second Term, Cites Jobs, Youth Empowerment

August 19, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • 12 Duplexes, 12 Vehicles: Oborevwori Gives Delta Permanent Secretaries Welfare Boost

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Adeleke Beats Oyebamiji by 66,252 Votes to Win Second Term as Osun Governor

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.