• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 22, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Mother of three kills husband while asleep

by NewsNet Nigeria
3 years ago
in Crime
Mother of three kills husband while asleep
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

A mother of three, Mrs Tayelolu Solomon, is on the run after using a pestle to kill her 65-year-old husband identified as Mr. Felix Solomon.

THE NATION reports that the woman killed her husband while he was asleep at their GRA residence in Ondo town.

One of their son, Ibukun, who witnessed the killing, said their parents had been having issues and the woman would always threaten to kill their father.

According to him, “my mother killed my father with a pestle in my presence and took to her heels. She used the pestle to hit his head when he was asleep.

“On that day, a minor argument ensued between them that resulted in a fight. After the fight, my father went to lie on the chair and my mother hit his head with the pestle.

“He became unconscious in the process and fell from where he was sleeping. My mother used the pestle to hit my father’s head three times and he later died.

“When my mother saw that my father was already unconscious, she hid the pestle at the back of our house and ran away.

”I alerted some of the residents, who rushed my father to hospital. But he later died. His body has been deposited at the morgue.

“My mother had three children for my father and I’m the last child.”

A family member who pleaded anonymity said they had been making efforts to settle the incessant fight between the couple before the killing.

He said: “The woman had been threatening to kill her husband whenever they were fighting. And the deceased informed us about the threats. But we never knew she would carry out the act.

“But this time, she took laws into her hands and killed our brother for nothing. She must be arrested and prosecuted accordingly.”

Police spokesperson, SP Funmilayo Odunlami-Omisanya, could not be reached for comments.

Previous Post

Delta retirees accuse ALGON of extortion, fix protest Oct 5

Next Post

Dreaded leader of ‘momotimi’ kidnapping gang, POS operator, others gunned down in Delta

MORE NEWS

Tinubu Fires 2027 Warning, Vows to Fight Until the Very End
Crime

ICPC Finds Another ‘Fake Agency’ in OSGF, Tinubu Orders Arrest

August 22, 2026
Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe
Crime

Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe

August 19, 2026
Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration
Crime

Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration

August 13, 2026
Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll
Crime

Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll

August 7, 2026
Next Post
Dreaded leader of ‘momotimi’ kidnapping gang, POS operator, others gunned down in Delta

Dreaded leader of 'momotimi' kidnapping gang, POS operator, others gunned down in Delta

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

Auto Draft

Oborevwori Woos Farmers, Investors With Roads, Power as Delta Pushes Beyond Oil

August 22, 2026
Asu Ekiye: Wife Walked Out, Filed for Divorce

Asu Ekiye: Wife Walked Out, Filed for Divorce

August 22, 2026
Bitcoin, Gold Climb as US Bond Move Rekindles Dollar Weakness Fears

Bitcoin, Gold Climb as US Bond Move Rekindles Dollar Weakness Fears

August 22, 2026
Davido vs Okpebholo: Edo Disowns ‘Ban’ After Governor’s Aide Warns Singer

Davido vs Okpebholo: Edo Disowns ‘Ban’ After Governor’s Aide Warns Singer

August 22, 2026
Tinubu Fires 2027 Warning, Vows to Fight Until the Very End

ICPC Finds Another ‘Fake Agency’ in OSGF, Tinubu Orders Arrest

August 22, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • 12 Duplexes, 12 Vehicles: Oborevwori Gives Delta Permanent Secretaries Welfare Boost

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • “Good Morning, Tony”: Elumelu’s Correction Sparks Debate Over Nigerian Respect Culture

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.