• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Looters of NYSC camp will be apprehended, prosecuted – IG

by NewsNet Nigeria
6 years ago
in Crime
Looters of NYSC camp will be apprehended, prosecuted – IG
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has assured that hoodlums who carted away items meant for corps members would be tracked and made to face the law.

Adamu said this on Friday after inspecting the National Youth Service Corps camp in Kubwa, Abuja.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that hoodlums attacked the camp on Tuesday and carted away food items and other materials.

“It is very unfortunate that the place was heavily looted as we went round to see the destruction made by the hoodlums,” Adamu said.

He expressed worry over the situation, adding that the camp meant for the training of youths to enable them to contribute their quota to the development of the country had turned out to be the focus of looters.

Adamu said it was a good thing that corps members were not in camp during the incident.

“It would have been a disaster had they been around,” he said.

According to him, some of the items have been recovered, while some of the hoodlums have been arrested.

“A total number of 53 suspects have been arrested so far and would be charged to court,” he said.

He called on Nigerians to report persons suspected to be in possession of the looted items to the nearest law enforcement agency.

“For those who broke into this facility and stole, we assure Nigerians that we shall pursue them, track them and prosecute them,” Adamu said.

The Director-General, NYSC, Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim, said the scheme was preparing for the forthcoming orientation scheduled to begin on November 10, people assumed there were palliatives in the camp.

“People think that NYSC camps have palliatives, but I want to tell Nigerians that we don’t have palliatives in our camps,” he said.

He, therefore, advised the youth to stop attacking NYSC camps as most of the items were labelled.

Previous Post

Creation of new wards to correct imbalance in Delta – Okowa

Next Post

Ex-Minister’s son in Police net for alleged robbery at Bureau De Change

MORE NEWS

Tinubu Fires 2027 Warning, Vows to Fight Until the Very End
Crime

ICPC Finds Another ‘Fake Agency’ in OSGF, Tinubu Orders Arrest

August 22, 2026
Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe
Crime

Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe

August 19, 2026
Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration
Crime

Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration

August 13, 2026
Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll
Crime

Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll

August 7, 2026
Next Post
Ex-Minister’s son in Police net for alleged robbery at Bureau De Change

Ex-Minister’s son in Police net for alleged robbery at Bureau De Change

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

Auto Draft

Oborevwori Woos Farmers, Investors With Roads, Power as Delta Pushes Beyond Oil

August 22, 2026
Asu Ekiye: Wife Walked Out, Filed for Divorce

Asu Ekiye: Wife Walked Out, Filed for Divorce

August 22, 2026
Bitcoin, Gold Climb as US Bond Move Rekindles Dollar Weakness Fears

Bitcoin, Gold Climb as US Bond Move Rekindles Dollar Weakness Fears

August 22, 2026
Davido vs Okpebholo: Edo Disowns ‘Ban’ After Governor’s Aide Warns Singer

Davido vs Okpebholo: Edo Disowns ‘Ban’ After Governor’s Aide Warns Singer

August 22, 2026
Tinubu Fires 2027 Warning, Vows to Fight Until the Very End

ICPC Finds Another ‘Fake Agency’ in OSGF, Tinubu Orders Arrest

August 22, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • 12 Duplexes, 12 Vehicles: Oborevwori Gives Delta Permanent Secretaries Welfare Boost

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Asu Ekiye: Wife Walked Out, Filed for Divorce

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.