• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result
NewsNet Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos
NewsNet Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

IGP scraps IRT, STS satellite units

by NewsNet Nigeria
5 years ago
in Crime
IGP scraps IRT, STS satellite units
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare on Whatsapp

The Inspector-General of Police, Usman Alkali, has ordered the immediate disbandment of all satellite units of the Intelligence Response Team (IRT) and Special Tactical Squad (STS) across the country.

Channels Television reports that all serving officers in the satellite units have been asked to report to the Force Headquarters, Abuja, for debriefing.

The development comes a day after the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) gave an insight into how suspended Deputy Police Commissioner, Abba Kyari, used men of the Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT) to push drugs across Nigeria.

The NDLEA said despite being on suspension, Mr Kyari claimed to be in control of the IRT and still had policemen loyal to him.

The NDLEA spokesperson, Femi Babafemi, while revealing to journalists how the suspended IRT belonged to a drug cartel that operates the Brazil-Ethiopia-Nigeria illicit drug pipeline, said a covert operation was conducted to expose the officer.

The former police intelligence unit commander was indicted last year in an internet fraud case by a U.S court following an extensive indictment by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

New assignment

In the new arrangement, the special units will operate only in their headquarters in Guzape, Abuja.

According to the report, the IGP directed that serving officers and men in the unit be demobilised and posted to commands across the country.

Part of the new directive was that the IRT/STS Headquarters in Abuja should be fortified and organised for enhanced operational performance to combat emerging trends.

Police spokesperson, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, could not be reached for confirmation as he ignored repeated calls and SMS sent to his line.

(PREMIUM TIMES)

Previous Post

2023: Livingstone Edirin joins race for Udu Constituency House of Assembly seat

Next Post

2023: Philomena Ededey declares for Ethiope Federal Constituency seat

MORE NEWS

Tinubu Fires 2027 Warning, Vows to Fight Until the Very End
Crime

ICPC Finds Another ‘Fake Agency’ in OSGF, Tinubu Orders Arrest

August 22, 2026
Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe
Crime

Airport Escape Plan Collapses as NDLEA Nabs ‘KC Luxury’ in ₦39bn Cocaine Cartel Probe

August 19, 2026
Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration
Crime

Nani Backs Idjerhe Kingdom Security With Three Vehicles, Urges Stronger Collaboration

August 13, 2026
Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll
Crime

Tinubu Steps In, Orders EFCC to Unfreeze Osun Government Accounts Before Poll

August 7, 2026
Next Post
2023: Philomena Ededey declares for Ethiope Federal Constituency seat

2023: Philomena Ededey declares for Ethiope Federal Constituency seat

Leave Comment

RECENT STORIES

Auto Draft

Oborevwori Woos Farmers, Investors With Roads, Power as Delta Pushes Beyond Oil

August 22, 2026
Asu Ekiye: Wife Walked Out, Filed for Divorce

Asu Ekiye: Wife Walked Out, Filed for Divorce

August 22, 2026
Bitcoin, Gold Climb as US Bond Move Rekindles Dollar Weakness Fears

Bitcoin, Gold Climb as US Bond Move Rekindles Dollar Weakness Fears

August 22, 2026
Davido vs Okpebholo: Edo Disowns ‘Ban’ After Governor’s Aide Warns Singer

Davido vs Okpebholo: Edo Disowns ‘Ban’ After Governor’s Aide Warns Singer

August 22, 2026
Tinubu Fires 2027 Warning, Vows to Fight Until the Very End

ICPC Finds Another ‘Fake Agency’ in OSGF, Tinubu Orders Arrest

August 22, 2026

TRENDING STORIES

  • Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    Izediunor Petition: Ogwashi-Uku Palace Says No Case Left to Litigate After Double Supreme Court Defeat

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Okpare Olomu Dismisses Crisis Rumour, Reaffirms Moses Orokpo as Otota

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ughelli North Council Sets Otor-Iwhreko on New Course, Inaugurates Caretaker Committee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Asu Ekiye: Wife Walked Out, Filed for Divorce

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • 12 Duplexes, 12 Vehicles: Oborevwori Gives Delta Permanent Secretaries Welfare Boost

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Local News
    • National
  • Politics
  • Economy
    • Oil and Gas
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • MORE
    • Interview
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Science & Tech
    • Videos

NEWSNET NIGERIA Published By: Morex Consult Limited - Since 2020.